[Nfbc-info] January Presidents Notebook

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 06:30:07 UTC 2018

GREETINGS TO MY NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF CALIFORNIA FAMILY:

AS I START MY SECOND YEAR AS PRESIDENT OF THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE
BLIND OF CALIFORNIA, I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE MANY FRIENDS I HAVE MADE, THE JOY
WE HAVE SHARED AND THE COMMITMENT YOU HAVE MADE TOWARD FULFILLING YOUR
DREAMS.

I PRAY YOU WILL BE FILLED WITH HOPE, ENERGY AND LOVE BY PARTICIPATING IN THE
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND AND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS WILL MAKE A
DIFFERENCE TO YOURSELF AS WELL AS OTHERS AND WE CAN LIVE THE LIVES WE WANT.

I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A JOYOUS AND BLESSED NEW YEAR.

Warmly,

Ever Hairston, President

O:  818.217.8330

C:  323.252.9188

***

Join the San Joaquin County Chapter on Thursday, January 4, 2018 from 11:00
a.m. -11:30 a.m. at the Stockton Barnes & Noble Bookstore, 4950 Pacific
Ave., for a Braille outreach activity celebrating Louis Braille's birthday
by promoting Braille literacy and awareness.  One of our members will read
to the preschool audience and families a Braille/print version of "Hop on
Pop" by Dr. Seuss.  NFB literature and members will be available to answer
questions and chapter members will Braille guest's names on NFB braille
alphabet cards as a souvenir of the experience. Meet the blind and learn
about how the method of reading and written communication is used!  Happy
New Year from the San Joaquin County Chapter and happy birthday Louis
Braille!

Joga Singh, President San Joaquin County Chapter

Happy New Year!

The San Fernando Valley Chapter is starting off the new year with a bang!

They will be learning some easy maneuvers to keep themselves safe in the new
year!

Saturday, January 13th, 2018, which is the same day the chapter members will
have their first Chapter meeting of the year, from

10:00 a.m. to noon, many of them will participate in the "One Touch"
self-defense class.  Which will take place from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.  The
cost will be $10 per person.

If you are interested in attending, please contact Racquel Decipeda, as we
can only have thirty participants and we will need to have an even number of
participants.

Racquel can be reached at nfbevents at gmail.com <mailto:nfbevents at gmail.com>
or you can call her at 818.457.9449.

The chapter members hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

Robert Stigile, President San Fernando Valley Chapter

Second Vice-president National Federation of the Blind of California

On February 2, 2018 The Inland Empire Chapter will host Their Valentine's
Day New Membership Drive.  From Noon to 2:00 p.m.  Held at the Service
Center for Independent Living, 107 Spring Street, Claremont, 91711.  Cross
street is Green.  Refreshments will be served.  Everyone is welcome to
attend.  RSVP by Monday January 29, 2018 to:

cthurston74 at gmail.com or <mailto:cthurston74 at gmail.com%20or>

trebrown88 at gmail.com <mailto:trebrown88 at gmail.com>

Cheryl Thurston, President Inland Empire Chapter

Board Member National Federation of the Blind of California

Joy Stigile, Editor