[Nfbc-info] Accessible voting in SF

Jeremiah Beasley jbeasley at jb11.net
Wed Jan 31 16:57:32 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I want to take a minute to introduce myself and let you know about an
opportunity we have.  Ok now that sounds like I am going to pitch a
multilevel marketing plan to you...  Don't worry I'm not.  My name is
Jeremiah Beasley and my family and I moved to CA this last fall.  We were
going to attend the state convention but my mother in-law passed away and
we needed to be in Ruston LA.   I have been a part of the Federation since
1992 and my wife was born to two very active federationists so she has been
in since birth.  I am the new Web Accessibility Coordinator for San
Francisco State University.  Great job, big move.  I am originally from
Colorado but spent the last 9 years working at the Wisconsin Center for the
Blind and Visually Impaired.  I can't wait to meet all of you in person!

Now for the accessible voting.  The city of SF is working on accessible
vote by mail.  They need us to test a system that they are looking at
purchasing.  Please take this survey which includes testing a site with
access technology.  We want our voice to be heard so please take the time
and check it out!  Please find the link and info below.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Hello,

If you haven’t already, we have extended the survey until Friday, February
2, 2018, to give you an opportunity to provide your feedback on
implementation of the remote accessible vote-by-mail system, as well as the
accessibility of San Francisco voting and elections services.

Please follow the link to complete the survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SFRAV

Please feel free to forward this survey to anyone who may be interested.

Best,

Community Engagement Team
San Francisco Department of Elections
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place