[Nfbc-info] FW: 2018 MouseHole Scholarships Now Open
adepner1425 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:18:43 UTC 2018
NFBC AT-Large chapter President
You Can Live the Life You Want!!
From: info at blindmicemegamall.com [mailto:info at blindmicemegamall.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2018 9:31 PM
To: adepner1425 at gmail.com
Subject: 2018 MouseHole Scholarships Now Open
2018 Mouse Hole Scholarships
sponsored by Blind Mice inc
Welcome to a dream come true! The Mouse Hole Scholarship Program began as a dream in 2000. It became a reality in 2004 with the first scholarships being awarded to deserving students.
The MouseHole Scholarships are open to any graduating High School Student that is visually impaired or sighted provided one or both of their parents are visually impaired.
Every purchase made in the Blind Mice Mega Mall and contributions made by you during the year grow the MouseHole Scholarship Fund for that year! The Scholarships will change from year to year depending on the amount in the MouseHole Scholarship Fund at the end of the year! The goal of Blind Mice Inc is to offer more and larger scholarships every successive year!
Remember, everytime you make a purchase in one of the many stores at Blind Mice Mega mall the Scholarship Fund grows a bit larger!
Blind Mice Inc has offered over $31,850.00 in scholarships to deserving students pursueing their college degrees!
These awards have been possible because of your support of Blind Mice Mega Mall and all our merchants!
The scholarships are open to visually impaired students and also to sighted students with visually impaired parents.
Let's all work together to make life better for everyone!
See this year's awards <>
Jump to this year's essay topic <>
Read the eligibility rules for the Mouse Hole Scholarship Essay Contest <>
Jump to 'How to get an application' <>
Jump to 'Directions for Submitting Essays' <>
Awards for the 2018 Mouse Hole Scholarship Essay Contest
Blind Mice Shoppers raised over $2,700.00 in 2017 for the Mouse Hole Scholarship program.
Blind Mice Inc is adding another $300.00 to the Mouse Hole Scholarships!
2018 Mousehole Scholarship Awards
· The Antonia M. Derks Memorial Scholarship: $1,500.00
The Antonia M. Derks Memorial Scholarship carries the name of a great lady. She never let anything block her path to her dreams! This award is awarded to the top applicant.!
· The KelseyDawg Memorial Scholarship: $1,000.00
The KelseyDog Scholarship Memorial Scholarship is awarded to the first runner-up!
· The Phil Parr Memorial Scholarship: $500.00
The Phil Parr Memorial Scholarship is awarded to the second runner-up!
Back to Top <>
The topic for this year's essay:
Mouse Hole Scholarship 2018 Essay Topic
Applicants are asked to write about the following:
The year is 2028. You have just received an invitation to your 10-year high school reunion. Thoughts of the past fly through your head. As you reflect upon the past 10 years, write about where you are in your life in the year 2028.
The essay should be a combination of fact and fiction. Use your imagination, experiences, and dreams to create your essay!
Here are some questions to get you thinking!
A winning essay will be composed using these prompts in a very creative manner!
Please don't put our judges to sleep with a boring essay!
Don't be afraid to have some fun with this essay and dream a little!
Remember, it is ten years in the future! Let your imagination go!
* Who makes up your family and What are they like?
* What are your likes and dislikes.
* What are your strengths and weaknesses.
* What groups and organizations did you belong to in high school?
* What were your activities and interests in high school and how did they influence you?
* Did you continue these interests in college?
* How have the members of your family influenced you?
* What else has influenced you and your beliefs, goals, and dreams?
* Has blindness affected your ideas, goals, and dreams?
* Why did you choose the college you attended?
* How did earning a college degree help you reach your goals?
* Why did you want to attend college and study in your chosen field?
* What was the hardest part of college and earning your degree?
* Upon entering college, what was your biggest fear and how did you overcome this fear?
* How did the Mouse Hole Scholarship help you?
* What did you expect college to be like?
* What activities and interests did you pursue in college?
* What groups and organizations did you belong to in college?
* Did you go on to Grad School?
* What career did you end up in?
* Are you married?
* Do you have children?
* Is your life turning out as you expected?
* What are your goals for the future?
* Are you looking forward to your 10 Year Graduation Reunion?
Remember, this essay is an opportunity to dream a little about your future and to tell us about yourself in a creative manner.
The length of the essay should be between 10 and 15 pages.
Essays will be judged on originality, creativity, grammar, spelling, and the judge's overall impression of the applicant.
We look forward to reading your essays!
Back to Top <>
2018 Mouse Hole Scholarship Essay Contest Rules
1. Applicants or their parent or parents corrected vision must be 20/200 or worse in both eyes, i.e. legally visually impaired, to apply for this scholarship.
2. Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent and be graduating by the summer of 2018 and not have been previously enrolled solely in any college. If receiving a GED, it must be earned by the summer of 2018.
3. Applicants must be attending a college or university degree program in the United States beginning in the Fall of 2018 or the Spring of 2019.
4. The length of the essay will be at least six pages and not exceed fifteen pages.
5. Essays may be submitted for consideration only in these ways:
A. Electronically sent as attachments by e-mail
B. Saved on a thumb drive and mailed
Submissions sent as an attachment by e-mail or those saved on thumb drive must be in MS Word (.doc format) or text format. Entries received in any other formats will be disqualified and not considered for an award.
6. The Information Cover Sheet and a letter of recommendation must accompany each essay. These documents must be in the same format as the essay.
7. The letter of recommendation must be written by the student?s school counselor, an administrator , or by one of the student?s teachers.
8. All Submissions will become the property of Blind Mice inc and Mouse Hole Scholarships.
9. All decisions made by the judges and Blind Mice Inc. are final.
10. Essays will be accepted until May 15, 2018.
11. Recipients of awards will be notified on or before June 30, 2018.
12. The names of award recipients and their essays, in part or whole, may be used by Blind Mice inc for promotional purposes.
13. Scholarships will be paid, in the name of the winning students, to the general scholarship fund of the college or university the winning applicants will be attending.
14. Proof of visual impairment may be requested before awards are presented.
15. These scholarships are limited to individuals pursuing a post-secondary college or university degree program in the United States.
16. Individuals may submit only one application for an award period
17. Judges, officers, Board Members, and employees of Blind Mice inc. as well as their families are not eligible for the scholarship awards.
18. These rules may be amended or changed at anytime by Blind Mice Inc. . without notice.
E-mail address for submissions:
blindmicemart at att.net
Submit Essay, Application, and Recommendation Letter Here! <mailto:info at blindmicemegamall.com?subject=2018%20Essay%20Submission>
Postal Address for mailing essays:
Blind Mice Inc
Mouse Hole Scholarship Program
16810 Pinemoor Way
Houston, TX 77058
Contact Phone Number: 713 893 7277
Back to Top <>
How to Get an Application
We will be happy to e-mail an application to you. Click on the link below to request your application. If you need us to send it to a different e-mail address, please indicate the address that the application should be sent to.
Send for an application now! <mailto:info at blindmicemegamall.com?subject=Application%20Request&body=Please%20send%20me%20an%20application%20for%20the%202018%20Mouse%20Hole%20Scholarship%20Essay%20Contest!>
Back to Top <>
Directions for Submitting Essays:
The application, letter of recommendation, and essay can be submitted by e-mail or by saving the documents on a thumb drive and mailed. The documents should be saved in MS Word (.doc format only) or Text format only to be considered.
To Submit Electronically by E-mail:
Send application, recommendation letter, and essay as attachments to blindmicemart at att.net
Ready to send entry? Click here! <mailto:info at blindmicemegamall.com?subject=Mouse%20Hole%20Submission>
Remember The files must be in MS Word (.doc format only) or Text format. Electronic submissions must be received before midnight (central time) May 15, 2018 . A confirmation will be sent confirming the receipt of your essay.
To Submit by mail on Flash Drive
Save application, recommendation letter, and essay in MS Word (.doc format only) or Text format on flash drive and mail to:
Mouse Hole Scholarships
16810 Pinemoor Way
Houston, TX 77058
Parcel must be postmarked on or before May 15, 2018 to be accepted. No materials will be returned. Please contact us with any questions: By E-mail:
info at blindmicemegamall.com
call: 713 893 7277
Back to Top <>
You received this message because you are a member of BlindMiceMegaMall.com
No Longer Want to Be A Member? Cancel Your Membership-Please Allow 7 Days <mailto:sales at blindmicemegamall.com?subject=Cancel%20Account>
More information about the NFBC-Info