[Nfbc-info] November Presidents Notebook

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:52:48 UTC 2018

Dear Federationists,

I'm honored and humbled to serve as your next President of the National
Federation of the Blind of California.  I appreciate your support and
confidence in my vision for the affiliate.  I'm spending the next few weeks
learning the ropes.  I want to better understand how we operate before we
start considering new initiatives.  Much needs to be done as we transfer to
the new administration.  I appreciate your patience as we put our email,
phone line and other administrative items in place.  Don't hesitate to send
me your thoughts and concerns.  Specifically, we are going to be looking
closely at convention 2019, what we can do to improve upon our current work
and where we ought to convene next year.

In Service,

Tim Elder, President, National Federation of the Blind of California

Email:  president at nfbcal.org <mailto:president at nfbcal.org>

The San Francisco Chapter is selling $5 raffle tickets for a $200 Southwest
Airlines gift card.  Pay for your flight to the National Convention in Las
Vegas or another trip! To purchase your tickets contact Christina at
ms.christina.daniels at gmail.com <mailto:ms.christina.daniels at gmail.com>

The drawing will be held on December 11, 2018.

Christina Daniels, President, San Francisco Chapter

Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of California

The San Fernando Valley Chapter will host their tenth annual "Best in Tech".
This event is a great way for people to learn about the latest and greatest
technology for Blind and Visually Impaired people, socialize with others,
enjoy a free lunch, and have a great chance to win door prizes.  It will
take place at The Braille Institute, 741 N. Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles.  It
will be on Saturday, November 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  If you would
like to learn more information and register go to www.bestintech.info
<http://www.bestintech.info>

Robert Stigile, President San Fernando Valley Chapter

Second Vice-president National Federation of the Blind of California

P:  818.381.9568

The Inland Empire Chapter will be hosting a FLAPJACK FUNDRAISER On Saturday,
November 17, 2018, from 8: a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Held at the Applebee's
Restaurant, 9241 Monte Vista Ave., Montclair, 91763.  Donation is $10 per
person.  Deadline for ticket sales is November 14, 2018.  Family members and
friends are encouraged and very welcomed to come and enjoy!  For more
information contact Trena Brown at 323.331.5277 or email
Trebrown88 at gmail.com <mailto:Trebrown88 at gmail.com>

Cheryl Thurston, President Inland Empire Chapter

Board-Member National Federation of the Blind of California

Joy Stigile, Editor