[Nfbc-info] Friends In Art scholarship. Please circulate widely. Thanks!

nancy Lynn seabreeze.stl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 21:04:57 UTC 2019

This came from another list, and I thought some of you might be interested.
YOU ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR THE FRIENDS IN ART SCHOLARSHIP!

Friends-in-Art (FIA), a nonprofit organization with the mission of advancing accessibility and opportunity for artists and audience members who are visually impaired, offers an annual $1500 scholarship to college students who are legally blind and live in North America.

If you are a high school senior or a college student planning to, or are currently majoring in the field of music, art, drama, or creative writing, and are blind or visually impaired, we encourage you to apply!

Note: Legal blindness is defined as an individual who has a visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the corrected eye and/or 20 degrees or less visual field in the corrected eye. Only individuals who are legally blind in BOTH eyes are eligible to receive this scholarship.

To apply, please go to

www.friendsinart.com

and complete the application and upload/mail the required materials, including documentation of visual impairment from a medical professional, per the directions on the form by May 15, 2019.

Please direct any questions to Peter Altschul, FIA's scholarship chair, via email at

searchforcommonground at outlook.com