[NFBC-Info] Presidents August Notebook

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 05:42:29 UTC 2019

Dear Friends,

Congratulations on a fabulous national convention in Las Vegas.  More than
370 Californians ultimately registered for the event.  Some Californians
tested Lyft self-driving cars, others touched tactile renderings of Octopi.
We debated resolutions, enjoyed engaging general session speakers and
considered our choices during President Riccobono's banquet address.

We missed our friends who could not attend.  But we look forward to seeing
you at our state convention, November 7-10 at the Embassy Suites Silicon
Valley in Milpitas, CA, and in Houston for the 2020 national convention,
June 29-July 4.  I am re-energized to work with you and our state affiliate
board to make this next state convention the best yet.  We'll hear from
autonomous vehicle developers, share information from blind people working
in interesting and unusual jobs, build on our inclusion and diversity
initiatives, and gather together around the issues that are important to
blind people in California.  We'll also have a lot of fun and fellowship in
the process.  Mark your calendars now.

Here is how we could really use your help in the meantime.  We are currently
looking for sponsors to help cover the costs of some of our important
programs that make a real difference in the lives of blind Californians.
Sponsorship opportunities exist for our charter bus service from Southern
California for those who cannot afford to fly to the state convention, our
Braille Enrichment Literacy and Learning program for blind children, and our
state college scholarship program.   We are actively seeking corporations,
foundations organizations or generous individuals to donate the funds needed
to cover these life-changing programs.  Please reach out to
president at nfbcal.org <mailto:president at nfbcal.org>  if you have a contact
who can partner with us in this work.

Tim Elder

President

president at nfbcal.org <mailto:president at nfbcal.org>

916.382.0372

The At-Large Chapter is having a virtual Pampered Chef party! We'll learn
new recipes, share cooking tips, shop, and spend time with friends. Check in
each day to see what's new! Don't miss it! Click here to learn more:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/Jjnu0l

Place your order anytime between August 1 - 28, 2019 and the At-Large
Chapter will earn 15% from your on-line order.Consultant Marcine Campbell

818.631.4125, call her if you have any questions about your order!

www.pamperedchef.biz/marcinecampbell
<http://www.pamperedchef.biz/marcinecampbell>

Cathy Gaten, President At-Large Chapter

323.506.5939

cathygaten1955 at gmail.com <mailto:cathygaten1955 at gmail.com>

The Pathfinder Chapter of Los Angeles will hold two events this month, the
first one is a fundraiser at the Sizzler restaurant on Friday, August 2,
2019 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at 5801 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City.  Cross
street is Slauson Avenue.  we thank you in advance for supporting our
efforts in reaching our goal of getting every member to the state
convention.

Their second event for you is to join them at their 5th annual "End of
Summer Barbecue and Fellowship on Saturday, August 24, 2019, noon to 4 p.m.
Located at Eucalyptus Park <x-apple-data-detectors://24> , 12100 Inglewood
Ave., Hawthorne, 90250 <x-apple-data-detectors://25> , cross street is 121st
St. <x-apple-data-detectors://26>   Donation:  $15.  also and auction Will
be held with assorted items.  If you would like to join in on all of these
festivities and meet some great Federationists, please come on over and
fellowship with them!  If you have any questions contact Charlotte Carroll:
310.625.6558 <tel:310.625.6558> email:  charlottec916 at gmail.com
<mailto:charlottec916 at gmail.com>  or Jannette Stewart 310.293.1053
<tel:310.293.1053>  email:  Titostewart08 at gmail.com
<mailto:Titostewart08 at gmail.com>

Rochelle Houston, First Vice President

President, Pathfinder Chapter Los Angeles

rhouston58 at gmail.com <mailto:rhouston58 at gmail.com>

323 807.0300

Join the San Joaquin County Chapter at Community Partnership for Families'
National Night Out celebration Tuesday, August 6, 2019, from 5 - 7 p.m. at
Diamond Cove Ii, 5506 Tam O
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/5506+Tam+O%E2%80%99+Shanter+Drive,+Stock
ton?entry=gmail&source=g> ' Shanter Drive, Stockton.  Get to know your
neighbors, enjoy fun activities and explore valuable resources available
from local agencies hosting booths there that evening.  Please stop by at
their  table to say "Hi", and meet the chapter members and receive your name
written in braille on your very own keepsake Braille alphabet bookmark which
will enter you in our raffle! Let's all work together to make Stockton a
safer place for every family.

Joga Singh, President, San Joaquin County Chapter

209.203.2106

 <mailto:nfb.ca.sj at gmail.com> nfb.ca.sj at gmail.com

Joy Stigile, Editor

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nations blind. Every day we work