[Nfbc-info] CABS 2nd Annual Spring Reception

Matthew Gip matthewhgip at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:02:47 UTC 2019

Hello All,

Exciting, exciting news is coming! The California Association of Blind Students is pleased to announce our 2nd Annual Spring reception in Southern California! The main goal of the National Federation of the Blind is to build membership and that is exactly what our student division is gearing up for. Come one, come all, and help spread the word about our student event far and wide!

Copied, pasted, and attached is the flyer for our second annual Southern California Reception.

The California Association of Blind Students (CABS) is proud to present...
The 2019 Southern California Reception!
We are the California Association of Blind Students (CABS)--a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) of
California--and we are proud to present and invite you to our second annual Southern California reception! Every day, we are changing what it means to be a blind student in California, by raising the expectations people have and by working to ensure that we have equal educational rights as our sighted peers. We welcome all blind students to our reception. If you're a new or prospective member, or if you're just curious about what we do and how and why we do it, come join us at Shakey’s Pizza in Inglewood, California! See below for details.

Are you a blind student in southern California?
Are you interested in meeting other blind students?
Would you like to learn more about CABS and what we do?
Do you like fun, food, and raffle prizes?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, our second annual Southern California reception is the place for you! Come join us!

The Details
When: Saturday, April 27th, 2019 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Where: Shakey’s Pizza, Inglewood location
Address: 935 W. Arbor Vitae St., Inglewood, CA 90301

But wait... There's more!
We at CABS sure know how to throw a great party! All you have to bring is yourself and a good appetite, because we will be providing food! There will be door prizes. Also, if you bring another blind student with you, your name will be thrown into a raffle, and you'll have a chance to win the grand prize!

So, what is the grand prize? Well in order to win it, you will have to
be present. No ditching on us... And the grand prize is... An Amazon echo Dot! Remember to bring another blind student with
you, and you must be present to win. We are so excited to be putting on this event for you, and we can't wait to see you there!

Don't forget to RSVP by clicking this link and filling out our short form.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdppDGsPTs8_KNMIGQNvcMfLXBvRdZcmfdEGVfSUWcKVT9hgg/viewform

Got questions? That is no problem at all, because we have answers! Call or text our president, Matthew Gip, at (559) 375-2068. You can also reach him by email at matthewhgip at gmail.com.

Best,
Matthew Gip
President | California Association of Blind Students
Board Member | National Federation of the Blind of California
Co-chair | National Association of Blind Students Outreach Committee
Phone: (559) 375-2068
Email: matthewhgip at gmail.com
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nations blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.