[Nfbc-info] January Presidents Notebook

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Thu Jan 10 18:58:47 UTC 2019

Lyn,

Our kiddos need excellent mobility instruction to help with self confidence,
socialization, interaction with their school community and the ability to
interact with the world around them. Those of us who are guide dog handlers
definitely have a different view of mobility travel with our guide dog.
However, I am quickly learning the importance of proper cane travel in a new
environment because my dog guide is semi-retired and I have lost most of my
vision. Finally, I applaud the work of the Federation and its effeorts to
ensure our blind children know how to use the cane with confidence and
self-respect.

Lisa Irving-Pardini