[Nfbc-info] FW: Blindness/low vision survey recruitment request

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Mon Mar 18 15:50:16 UTC 2019

From: Lund, Emily <elund at colled.msstate.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 8:09 AM
To: president at nfbcal.org
Subject: Blindness/low vision survey recruitment request

Hello,

My name is Emily Lund, and I am an Assistant Research Professor at the
National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision at
Mississippi State University. I am writing you because we are conducting a
survey on job retention and career advancement in people who blind or
visually impaired. We were wondering if you might be willing to please
distribute the recruitment notice below to your members and/or on your
social media sites and mailing lists. This study is not affiliated with NFB,
but distribution of this request has been approved by the national office.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance, and please feel free to
contact me with any questions that you may have.

Sincerely,

Emily M. Lund, PhD, CRC

Assistant Research Professor

National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision

Mississippi State University

--------

JOB RETENTION AND CAREER ADVANCEMENT SURVEY

We are recruiting participants for a survey about job retention and career
advancement. Have you had success or experienced challenges keeping a job?
Have you had success or difficulty moving up the career ladder? Please share
your experiences of attempting to keep or advance in a job, even if those
experiences were not successful.

The survey is open to individuals who are blind or have low vision, born
between the years of 1950 and 1991, who have ever been employed
post-education for at least minimum wage. The survey may be completed
electronically at tiny.cc/retention_advancement
<http://tiny.cc/retention_advancement> , or you may call 1-662-546-0737 to
request an appointment to participate by telephone.

Participants who complete the survey may enter into a drawing for a gift
card for $100. Please know this survey may take 30 to 40 minutes to
complete. For assistance or further information, visit the project overview
webpage for Job Retention and Advancement: A Mixed Methods Investigation
<https://www.blind.msstate.edu/research/current-research/research.php?id=5>
or contact Anne Steverson (acc155 at msstate.edu <mailto:acc155 at msstate.edu> )
or Adele Crudden (ac41 at msstate.edu <mailto:ac41 at msstate.edu> ).