[NFBC-Info] John Bates' memorial service

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Tue Jul 7 20:24:59 UTC 2020

Hello all,

As many of you know, a longtime member and supporter of the National
Federation of the Blind, John Bates, passed earlier this year. At last, his
memorial service has been scheduled. The delay has come about due to the
continued Covid-19 pandemic.

John's widow, Deanna Bates, has asked me to let you know that John's service
will be livestreamed this coming Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 11AM Pacific
time. Should you wish to attend and listen to the service, here is the link:
https://nettv.bz/jb/single-portfolio.html.  Several people have asked about
saying a few words at the service. I do not yet know how much time there
will be for this, but should you wish to be informed how you may speak
virtually should time be available please email me privately at
mike at michaelhingson.com <mailto:mike at michaelhingson.com> . You may read more
about John's life including his obituary at
https://www.mccormickandson.com/obituaries/John-Bates-18/.

John will be sorely missed by our whole Federation family. He will always be
in the hearts of all who knew him.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.

"Speaking with Vision"

Michael Hingson, President

(415) 827-4084

mike at michaelhingson.com

To order Michael Hingson's new book, Running With Roselle, and check on
Michael Hingson's speaking availability for your next event please visit:

www.michaelhingson.com

To purchase your own portrait of Roselle painted by the world's foremost
animal artist, Ron Burns, please visit http://www.ronburns.com/roselle