[NFBC-Info] FW: [NFBofSC] Positive Note 1768

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Mon Jun 29 23:57:46 UTC 2020

From: NFBofSC <nfbofsc-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of David Houck via
NFBofSC
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 8:49 AM
To: nfbofsc at nfbnet.org
Cc: David Houck <nfbsc at sc.rr.com>
Subject: [NFBofSC] Positive Note 1768

June 29, 2020

Others

From:  Frank Coppel, President

Positive Note 1768

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

              We are releasing this week's Positive Note a couple of days
earlier than usual to remind those individuals who have not yet paid their
2020 $10 NFB of SC state dues to do so by this Wednesday, July 1.  Thus far,
128 individuals have registered for the upcoming NFB of SC state convention.
Keep up the great work as the deadline to register for our state convention
is July 31.  I believe if we work extremely hard, we have a wonderful
opportunity to register 300 people making this convention one of the largest
gatherings we have had in many years.  Remember, there is no cost for
registration.  To register online for the 2020 NFB of SC state convention go
to our website, nfbofsc.org.  If you need assistance with the online
registration, call Steve and Shannon Cook (803) 254-0222 or David Houck at
the Federation Center (803) 254-3777.  If you do not register you will not
be eligible for door prizes.  More importantly, to be eligible to
participate in the election of state officers and five board members, you
must be registered for the convention and a dues paying member of the NFB of
SC.  Again, If you have not paid your 2020 $10 NFB of SC state dues, you can
still do so, as the deadline to submit dues is July 1, 2020.

              As we approach the start of the first virtual 2020 NFB
National Convention, below are a few notes regarding this year's convention.

              National Convention - Registration Is Closed:

              Registration for the 2020 National Federation of the Blind
National Convention is closed. Those who registered will receive helpful
introductory emails as well as be eligible to vote in elections and receive
door prizes. However, if you did not register you are still welcome and
encouraged to participate in all convention events as listed in the agenda.

              Find the latest information on national convention at
nfb.org/convention.

              Rookie Round Up

              All convention attendees are cordially invited to attend a
welcoming Zoom meeting Tuesday, July 7 from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. EDT. President
Riccobono and Pam Allen will be on hand to preview convention activities and
get everyone ready for the big event.

Instructions To attend Rookie Roundup Zoom meeting

              Click this link to join: https://zoom.us/j/91250893803

Or dial: +1 301 715 8592

Zoom Webinar ID: 912 5089 3803

One-tap mobile: +13017158592,,91250893803#

Participate in the #NFB20 Give $20 Campaign

              Every year we gather to share in fun and fellowship at our
National Convention. As you know, we will be holding our convention
virtually this year and are asking for your continued generosity. Typically,
throughout the convention, we pass a bucket which allows our attendees to
drop in their donation and contribute to one of our funds.

              This year, we will pass the bucket in a different way, through
our Give $20 Campaign. It is an easy way to support the National Federation
of the Blind and we are now adding an incentive to donate.

              Win a Trip

              When individuals give $20 or more between May 15, 2020 and
noon ET on July 18, 2020, they will be entered into the Kenneth Jernigan
Convention Drawing. The prize includes round-trip transportation to the 2021
NFB National Convention, lodging, registration, two banquet tickets, and
$1,000.00 cash. Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Your name will be
placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100.00 and
you will be entered into the drawing five times.

              Federationists and their friends can specify which fund they
wish to support:

.            Kenneth Jernigan Fund (KJ Fund) - The KJ Fund helps support
first time convention attendees. The KJ Fund has been named for Dr. Kenneth
Jernigan who planned our conventions for more than 40 years, making them
what they are today.

.            SUN Fund (Shares Unlimited in NFB) - The SUN Fund is considered
our "rainy day fund."

.            White Cane Fund - This fund provides for much needed,
unrestricted monies to the NFB.

.            tenBroek Fund - The tenBroek Memorial Fund owns the property at
200 East Wells at Jernigan Place in Baltimore for the benefit of blind
people.

              How To Contribute and Enter The Drawing

To donate, you may fill out our online donation form, mail in a check, or
call our donation line:

.            To donate online: Visit https://www.nfb.org/donate. Be sure to
include #NFB20 and the fund you have chosen for your donation in the
Contribution Note field.

.            To donate by phone: Call 410-659-9314 and select option 4.

.            To donate by check: Make your check payable to "NFB" and mail
it to National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street @ Jernigan
Place, Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to include #NFB20 and the fund you have
chosen for your donation in the memo section.

Please contact outreach at nfb.org with any questions.

              The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day, we raise
the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the life you want:
blindness is not what holds you back.

Final Thought:  Transforming dreams into reality:  What is your dream you
want to turn into reality?