[NFBC-Info] LightHouse for the Blind Closes until at least April 6

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Fri Mar 13 23:37:20 UTC 2020

Dear LightHouse Community,

I am writing to you this afternoon to announce an advanced and accelerated implementation of what we have all feared was coming - a major disruption of  LightHouse operations and services. Governmental guidance, epidemiologic evidence, and your own concerns have all registered with our leadership team.

Therefore we have decided on the following course of action to protect the health and safety of all of our employees and those we serve.

All services to all students and community members will cease today, Friday, March 13 2020, at close of business. Services will not resume until at least April 6.  This includes individual teaching and any events or groups.

Blindness products and technology can still be ordered from the Adaptations Store online: www.adaptations.org

We urge you all to follow official advice and to remain safe and well.

We will be working hard during this time to welcome all our students and friends again, when we re-open on or after April 6. Please be sure to call us on April 6 at 415-431-14881 to confirm we are open.

Bryan Bashin
CEO
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired

LightHouse's 2020 Holman Prize for Blind Ambition submissions are now being accepted through March 15. LightHouse is awarding up to $25,000 for three blind people to embark on projects of their dreams. For information, eligibility and to apply, visit HolmanPrize.org<https://holmanprize.org>.