[NFBC-Info] Brian Miller in ICU in Virginia

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Mar 31 04:06:40 UTC 2020

	Hello.  Brian Miller is a long time Federationist who went to college
in San Diego and was active in our state and local affiliates when he was
here.  He now resides in Alexandrea Virginia, where he works for the
Department of Rehabilitation and where he remains active in the Federation.
Below is what we know of his condition.
-thanks
-Brian

	It is with a solemn heart that Jim and I must inform you that Brian
Miller is in the ICU in Virginia, on a ventilator, presumably with
Covid-19, though that hasn't been officially confirmed as far as we're
aware.  Here is what we know, as learned from his Girlfriend, Masuma, who
is in communication with Brian's mother.

Brian went to the hospital on Saturday, March 28, 2020 feeling unwell.
Apparently, he'd been feeling poorly for a few days, but we're not sure
when he began feeling ill.  His condition worsened while at the hospital
and he was placed on a ventilator in the ICU on Sunday, 03/29/2020.  He is
receiving tylenol for fever and Hydroxychloroquine, which is showing
promise for treating Covid-19 patients.  In addition, he is receiving
unspecified additional antibiotics.

	As of this writing, 03/30/2020 8:33PM Pacific time, Brian is still
showing signs of fever, but his blood pressure has stabilized and he
appears to be requiring a little less of the ventilator.
More news when we get it.

Mean time, please keep Brian in your thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Brian Buhrow and Jim Barbour