[NFBC-Info] NFB San Francisco Chapter starts hosting a monthly "Banquet Speech Review and Leadership Development Discussion" group

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri May 22 19:31:40 UTC 2020

One of the best ways to develop NFB leadership is to deepen our understanding of our NFB philosophy.  And, one of the best ways to deepend our understanding of NFB philosophy is by reading and discussing speeches and publications from current and former NFB leaders.

To this end, the San Francisco NFB chapter will begin listening to and discussing one NFB speech per month.  Jim Barbour will facilitiateb these discussions.

The first speech will be "Blindness, A Left-Handed Dissortation", by Dr. Kenneth Jernigan. We will be listening to the speech as part of our discussion, and all are welcome to read or listen to the speech beforehand.

https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/images/nfb/publications/convent/blndnesl.htm (html)

https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/images/nfb/audio/banqspeech/blindness_a_left_handed_dissertation.mp3 (Audio)

Zoom meeting details are below.  I recommend using the zoom app on
your phone or computer.  However, you are also welcome to dial-in to
the meeting, the instructions are below.

I'm very excited to start these discussions, and look forward to
seeing you all there.

Jim Barbour

When: Every month on the Fourth Tuesday.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://lighthouse-sf.zoom.us/j/91683591342

Clickable dial-in information if you are on a smart phone and don't want to use the Zoom app.

+16699006833,,91683591342# US (San Jose)

Dial in from standard phone

        +1 669 900 6833
        Meeting ID: 916 8359 1342