[NFBC-Info] Student Division Committees

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:51:57 UTC 2020

Dear all,
	As we prepare for another great year after our first virtual
convention, we’d like to share a few announcements from the student
division. CABS is proud to be announcing our new board and some of the
 initiatives we’re taking, and we welcome all ideas and contributions.
You don’t have to be a student (or in California) to participate.
	This year’s committees will be outreach, fundraising, and the
Affiliate Communications Squad. Outreach will be working on organizing
membership calls and activities, and possibly improving the website.
Fundraising will be working on raising money and dispersing it. The
Affiliate Communications Squad will be working closely with the
affiliate to get students involved on a state level. We are hoping to
integrate students into most (if not all) of the California endeavors
this year—we would like to contribute our youthful energy and
perspectives. Below, I’ve listed our chairs and co-chairs, though we’d
like to have a non-board-member step up and gain some leadership
skills for each committee as well.

Outreach: Gene Kim and Mary Church
Meeting days/times: 3rd Saturday of the month, 4:00 PM PT
WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GQT4GJaaMj93RRA4Cm80YG
Emails: gene.sh.kim at gmail.com (Gene), churchm94 at gmail.com (Mary)
Phone numbers: (650) 660-5475 (Gene); (831) 801-5419 (Mary)

Fundraising: Kyle Garcia and Nikki Dadlani
Meeting days/times: 3rd Saturday of the month,
WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/H4TtuquiT5QAXHwxmsR6GM
Emails: kgarcia2432 at gmail.com (Kyle) and nikkidadlani at gmail.com (Nikki)
Phone numbers; (669) 288-4062 (Kyle); (415) 320-2165 (Nikki)

Affiliate Communications squad: Shelbi Felter and Ethan Fung
Meeting day/time: 1st Saturday of the month, 3:00 PM PT
WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/F1eN0fJPNIf2GJBS0k0xxh
Emails: sfelts at hotmail.com (Shelbi), ethanhinfung at gmail.com
Phone numbers: (909) 631-0504 (Shelbi); (415) 244-0259 (Ethan)

We’d also like to encourage everyone to take care of themselves during
this truly historic year. Voting has partially happened, and tallying
will be continuing for a good long while. There’s a lot of stress and
anxiety going around. Don’t be afraid to acknowledge your feelings,
but ground yourself in the personal things that matter to you.
Thanksgiving is coming up, and though the history behind this holiday
is complicated, it’s especially important to think about what and who
you’re thankful for.

Best,
Cricket X. Bidleman, president
Mary Church, Vice president