[NFBC-Info] Student Division Newsletter: 11/17/2020-11/23/2020

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:37:03 UTC 2020

Hey folks,

We hope you all have a good Thanksgiving week. Take a break from
school and/or work, eat some good food, and take some time to rest and
recharge. Meanwhile, our committees have been hard at work, planning
for the year ahead. Both outreach and fundraising met last Saturday,
at 4:00 and 5:00 PM respectively.

Outreach: We want to revamp our website, so there’s a taskforce for
that. We are continuing our Spotlight Sundays, so if you want you and
your experiences as a blind student highlighted, be sure to contact
us. We also have discussion questions in our Facebook group on
Fridays, so be sure to join. Lastly, our next membership call in
December will be a virtual holiday party! You bring your food, and
we’ll bring the activities. We don’t even have to accommodate for
dietary restrictions, so there will be something for everyone. Stay
tuned for details, and contact our chair Gene Kim
(gene.sh.kim at gmail.com) with questions.

Fundraising: Fundraising virtually is very difficult. We had some
plans before the pandemic, but those were derailed a bit. Got
fundraising ideas? Contact us. Some committee members will be working
on ideas as well, so if you have short or long-term plans that you’d
like to share, contact chairperson Kyle Garcia at
kgarcia2432 at gmail.com.

Lastly, we’re still deciding whether to transition our communication
channels to Discord instead of WhatsApp. Please send us feedback to
help make the choice easier. Have a great week, and especially during
these difficult times, reflect on what you’re thankful for.

Best,
Cricket X. Bidleman (on behalf of the CABS board)

--
Cricket X. Bidleman (she/her/hers)
Stanford University | Class of 2021