[NFBC-Info] FW: National Federation of the Blind of California 2020 Convention October 22-25- Registration Free Through October 15!

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Mon Oct 12 22:20:59 UTC 2020

Friends,

Please join us October 22-25, 2020 for the first virtual state convention of
the National Federation of the Blind of California.  Hundreds of blind
Californians are already pre-registered and preparing to convene using Zoom
video conferencing and the telephone.

  Don't miss the October 15 deadline to register for the convention for
free!  We want every blind person in California to benefit from this
unprecedented offering of resources, networking and opportunities to
connect.  We are captioning our events and offering Spanish translation
channels.

Register now on our convention information page
<http://www.nfbcal.org/convention/> .

You can view a copy of our draft agenda
<http://www.nfbcal.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-Draft-Agenda-NFB-of-C
alifornia-Thrive-Not-Just-Survive-10-11-2020.docx> .

General Session and breakout topics include:

*	Proposition 22 and employment status of rideshare and food delivery
drivers
*	Agencies for the blind
*	Sexuality and positive body image
*	Library services
*	International perspectives on blindness
*	Tools for blind scientists
*	Diversity and inclusion
*	Teachers of blind children
*	LinkedIn and Covid-19 job applications
*	Modern Internet browsers for screen readers
*	Residential training programs
*	Vocational rehabilitation services
*	And much more

Check out our scholarship program