[NFBC-Info] CABS Student Reception: Self-Advocacy In Higher Education

Kyle Garcia kgarcia2432 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 01:18:36 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

If you have already heard about our upcoming CABS Student Reception, please
take note that there has been an unforeseen last minute scheduling conflict
with some of our speakers that has forced us to change the date of the
event. The reception will now be held next Saturday, October 3rd from
2-3:30pm PDT. We apologize for the last minute change and hope that you
will still be able to virtually join us.

Full Event Announcement:

We are excited to announce that the California Association of Blind
Students will be hosting a virtual reception next Saturday, on the 3rd of
October, from 2-3:30pm PDT via Zoom (link and call-in information at the
end of this email). Just to clarify, the reception is open to anyone who is
interested. You do not have to be a student, or from California.

Activities will include a live panel of students and parents with
significant experience advocating for themselves and others in a period of
online education, multiple interactive games, door prizes, and more!

Let the fun begin now with our first activity! We are asking that you send
us a creative piece to express what the word “advocacy” means to you. It
can be a short video clip where you explain the term, a song, a poem, or
anything else you can think of. The person with the most creative piece
will receive a prize, which will be revealed at the reception. To
participate in this activity please post your piece to our Facebook group,
or submit it by email to gene.sh.kim at gmail.com no later than next Friday,
October 2nd at 6:00pm PDT. We look forward to reviewing your submissions
and meeting you next week! Until then, stay safe.

Zoom Meeting Information:

Topic: CABS 2020 Reception
Time: Oct 3, 2020 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://stanford.zoom.us/j/97892946691?pwd=b1UzV1d4OEhmNFkxNmJnNXJ6WWxVZz09
    Password: 123321

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +18333021536,,97892946691# or
+16507249799,,97892946691#

Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 650 724 9799 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll) or +1 833 302 1536
(US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)

    Meeting ID: 978 9294 6691
    Password: 123321
    International numbers available: https://stanford.zoom.us/u/adfgOTNtGt

    Meeting ID: 978 9294 6691
    Password: 123321
    SIP: 97892946691 at zoomcrc.com
    Password: 123321

--
Kyle Garcia
Treasurer | California Association of Blind Students
Email: kgarcia2432 at gmail.com