[NFBC-Info] California Student Elections

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 01:33:21 UTC 2020

Hello all,

This is a final reminder of CABS election procedures. Please share
with anyone who's interested, but feel free to disregard otherwise.

Annual dues, which are $5, must be paid via Venmo to
Rochelle-Houston-1, by the end of October 1st in order for you to be
eligible to vote in this year's elections. Anyone can vote if they've
paid their dues by the end of October 1st, but only students enrolled
in a California school may run for a position on the board.

Terms are one year in length, so all are up this year. That's
president, VP, secretary, treasurer, and board members. If we have one
or two people running for board member, there will be one board member
position. If there are three or more, there will be three board member
positions, with the top three vote-getters being given positions.
Board members 1, 2, and 3 do not indicate rank on the board--they're
just numbers.

On the morning of October 2nd, I'll email everyone who has paid their
dues. At that point, those eligible to run will have two weeks to send
me a campaign speech. This may be audio or video, but may not exceed
one minute in length. The end of October 15th is the deadline for
speeches. All speeches received afterward are ineligible. A Google
form will be sent out on the morning of October 16th to all
dues-paying members so they can place their votes. They will have
until the end of October 23rd to place their votes. Results will be
presented at our business meeting on October 24th, somewhere between
9:00 and 10:30 AM. Winners are expected to make a 30-second to
one-minute acceptance speech, so if you're running, I highly suggest
showing up at and attending the whole meeting.

Get those dues in by the end of October 1st! Voting is important--in
Cabs, and in America. Remember that anyone who pays their dues by the
end of October 1st can vote, but in order to run for a position, you
have to be enrolled in a California school. you can live anywhere, but
you have to be enrolled in a California school.

Best,
Cricket X. Bidleman

--
Cricket X. Bidleman (she/her/hers)