[NFBC-Info] Keeping up With CABS: Upcoming Events

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 17:15:08 UTC 2021

Hi all,

The best way to kick off the week is with another dose of Keeping up
With CABS—the only reality show that’s all reality, no drama. “All
reality, no drama”… Good presidential campaign slogan, but make sure
to acknowledge the source if you use it! Or actually, maybe you
shouldn’t…

Anyway, we have lots of cool opportunities coming your way. First,
we’re starting a Double Good popcorn fundraiser tomorrow; it ends on
August 14th. What kind of crunchy goodness do you like? Kettle corn?
Cheddar corn? Half and half? Pecan popcorn? Double Good has it all,
and if you can get past the mildly exorbitant prices, it’s very high
quality, and homemade. Half of the proceeds go straight to CABS, so we
encourage you to donate to events and opportunities for all blind
students in California. I’ll send the link tomorrow for some awesome
crunchy, salty, not-too-healthy goodness.

Next up, we have a Jeopardy game on Saturday for CABS Connect. Join us
at 7:00 Pacific to test your trivia knowledge. The URL is
http://tinyURL.com/CABSConnect

And lastly, we have our annual reception on Saturday, August 28th at
10:00 Pacific. The theme is “Mind if I Sit Here? From Zoom to
Classroom”, and we have three incredible speakers, some games, and
$125 in door prizes. Not from California? That’s totally fine. Come
join us anyway, and bring your friends. The URL is
tinyURL.com/CXBZoomRoom

Important dates:

Jeopardy night: Saturday, August 14th at 7:00 PM Pacific

CABS Reception: Saturday, August 28th, 10:00 AM Pacific

See you there!

Best,
Cricket (on behalf of the CABS board)

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022