[NFBC-Info] Openings for Postdoctoral Fellowships at Smith-Kettlewell in San Francisco, CA

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:21:23 UTC 2021

Hello,

Please pass this on to whoever you think may be interested!

The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute announces the opening of an
exciting opportunity to apply for postdoctoral fellowships. We have at
least two open positions:  two funded by Smith-Kettlewell fellowship funds,
and potentially another two funded by an NEI training grant.

We are seeking individuals interested in visual processing in normal and
clinical populations, with emphasis in one or more of the following areas:
visual development, strabismus and amblyopia, eye movements, visual
attention, brain plasticity, mobility, low-vision/blindness rehabilitation
and accessibility technologies, using approaches such as psychophysics, eye
and head tracking, clinical assessment, computational modeling, EEG, fMRI,
computer vision and sensor technologies.

Smith-Kettlewell is a uniquely attractive place to receive postdoctoral
training in vision research and related fields. Our program offers the
flexibility to design an individualized training plan tailored to achieve
each fellow’s specific career goals. We train fellows to become independent
scientists, with strong support and encouragement for fellows to propose
and pursue their own research in close collaboration and mentorship with
one or more of our experienced principal investigators. Many of our fellows
have successfully established their own funded research programs with
fruitful and fulfilling careers.

The fellowships require a Ph.D. or M.D. and are normally awarded for two
years, with our most successful fellows often being invited to continue as
sponsored investigators. Applications from individuals with disabilities or
other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged. The
Smith-Kettlewell fellowships are open to US Citizens and foreign
nationals. The NEI Training Grant requires that fellows be US citizens or
 permanent residents.

Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2021. Details of the
program and application procedures can be found at
http://www.ski.org/how-apply. To apply, please contact one of
the mentors to begin the application process. If you have further
questions, please email Dr. Preeti Verghese or Beatriz St. John at:

fellowships at ski.org.

Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>