[NFBC-Info] Seeking students and parents to discuss K-12 and higher education in California

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:46:05 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I was tempted to have the subject line as "Keeping up with Cricket",
but I thought that would be going overboard. My life is at times
dramatic, but it's not a reality show. Nonetheless, this is not an
email about CABS...

My journalism program has started, which means that I'm drowning in
work. They're cramming two years of education and work into one. One
professor decided to assign 32 readings and videos this week, which
meant that I was listening to things constantly. Apparently I can't
absorb content in my sleep though... Who would've thought? As someone
put it on Facebook, "It feels like getting punched in the face...
Really, really hard."

Anyway, I'm assigning myself the beat of accessibility in education
across California. I'd ideally like to do a podcast episode and/or
feature article comparing the perspectives of students across college
campuses, vs. what the disability offices say about their campuses.
Also would love to talk to parents of blind children about distanced
K-12 learning. Basically, I'm a little scattered in what I'd like to
do exactly, but it always starts with talking to people. If you're a
parent, or a student, or someone who knows a lot about education, I
encourage you to reply with times you'd be available. Or text me at
(805) 372-9550, although I have to warn you that some say that I'm
"creepily fast" at responding via text. I do media and social media
work, and also I'm Gen Z, so I get annoyed when my phone has unread
notifications. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from you and/or
others whom you believe might be interested. Thanks.

Cheers,
Cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022