[NFBC-Info] President's Notebook, August 2022

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:45:05 UTC 2022

Dear friends,

I’ll keep this one short and sweet since I’m recovering from surgery
on Friday. There are lots of events from various chapters, which is
exciting. I’ve arranged them in chronological order. I hope you’re all
doing well and keeping safe from the fire. We had some surprise rain
up here in Palo Alto. Keep in touch!

Best,
Cricket

In this issue:
Diabetes action Network Double-Good Popcorn Fundraiser; Aug 4 5:00
PM-Aug 8 5:00 PM
San Diego Chapter: Blindness and Eye Care; Aug 6, 11:30 AM
Pathfinder Chapter End-of-Summer Barbecue and Auction; Aug 20 12:00-4:00 PM
Escondido Chapter Shakie’s Pizza Fundraiser; Sept 13 2:00-6:00 PM
Save the date! “Blind, Sealed, Delivered” October 8th

The Diabetes action Network (DAN) has  set up a Double Good virtual
fundraiser! It’s 100% contactless, they will keep 50% of the profit,
and the product ships directly to you. Prices range from $18-$59. The
popcorn is award-winning and really delicious! Their fundraising
window begins on August 04, 2022, at 5:00 PM and ends on August 08,
2022, at 5:00 PM.

Before the fundraiser begins:
1. Download the Double Good app
2. Enter our Event Code TYFCPY in the app 3. Create your Pop-Up Store
The app is available for free on iOS and Android.
Thanks so much for supporting the Diabetes Action Network of
California!  For any questions call Joy Stigile at: 818.510.2353.

San Diego: Blindness and Eye Care

Save the Date!
NFBCA, San Diego Chapter Zoom Event
Topic:                          Blindness and Eye Care
Presenter:                      Dr. Michael Couris Ophthalmologist
Date:                           Saturday, August 6, 2022 11:30 AM
Zoom Room Opens:                        11:15 AM
Presentation Begins:            11:30 aM
Zoom Link and Phone Number
allison depner is inviting you to join Zoom Meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87034154175?pwd=VmV4OThrWDhuVHRGUkY1SkZyeFNXdz09
Meeting ID: 870 3415 4175
Passcode: 312458
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,87034154175#,,,,*312458# US (San Jose)
+16694449171,,87034154175#,,,,*312458# US
Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Pathfinder Chapter End-of-Summer Barbecue and Auction

The Pathfinder chapter of Los Angeles is extending an invitation for
you to join us at our 7th  annual END of SUMMER BARBECUE and
fellowship.  The barbecue will be held on   Saturday, August 20, 2022,
12 noon to 4 P.M.  At Eucalyptus Park,  12100 Inglewood Avenue,
Hawthorne, 90250.  The cross Street is 122nd St.  Donation:  $25 in
advance.   Please contact Betsy Estrada at 323/300/0985 or
betsyestrada76 at gmail.com for method of payment.  The deadline to send
your donation is August 15th.

Also an  auction will take place of assorted items.  If you would like
to join in on all of these festivities and meet some great
Federationists, please come on over and fellowship with us!  If you
have any questions contact Betsy Estrada.

Escondido Chapter Shakie’s Pizza Fundraiser

The Escondido Chapter will be having a fundraiser at Shakie’s Pizza on
September 13, 2:00-6:00 PM. Please contact Raquel Montoya at
ramontoya at mysero.net with any questions.

Save the date! “Blind, Sealed, Delivered” October 8th

SAVE THE DATE! The play, “BLIND SEALED DELIVERED I’M YOURS “ is coming
to the big stage on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at the Garrdena Moose
Lodge. Please contact Rochelle Houston at rhouston58 at gmail.com with
any questions.

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022