[NFBC-Info] Executive Order phasing out gas-powered vehicles

tim at timeldermusic.com tim at timeldermusic.com
Thu Jan 20 09:48:48 UTC 2022

Personally, I've been pretty impressed by the interesting and creative ways
that the auto manufactures have started to meet the standard.  Many cars
have an almost symphonic or ambient futuristic sound signature design that
are unique to that manufacturer.  It is fun to observe the artistic aspects
of auto design being expressed in unique sound effects per brand much like a
hood ornament or visual esthetic of certain cars.  Did we ever imagine that
minimum sound requirements would give us the ability to audibly detect the
make/model of the vehicle?  Subtle sonic signatures for car make/models is a
nice benefit that I hadn't expected to come out of this safety issue.

I'd love to see an article exploring my theory with some sound clips to
illustrate the point.