[NFBC-Info] President's Notebook: January 2023

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:12:52 UTC 2023

Dear all,

Happy New Year! Yesterday, I enjoyed the fireworks from Baltimore. I’m
now working at the Jernigan Institute, but I plan to continue doing
the notebooks for a while.

This year, I would like to read more—definitely one of my hobbies,
which I’ve lost touch with because of all the reading I’ve been doing
for school. What are your resolutions this year?

Wednesday is World Braille Day. I would not be successful if Braille
didn’t exist. Let’s all reflect on how Braille has shaped our lives.

Only one update this time, from the San Joaquin chapter. If your
chapter should include anything in future updates, contact your
chapter president. Thanks.

Best,
Cricket

San Joaquin:

The San Joaquin County Chapter will be sharing videos of members
reading and using braille on our social media accounts (Facebook and
Twitter: @BlindOfSJC) on January 4 to spread awareness and celebrate
Louis Braille‘s birthday/World Braille Day.

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022