[NFBC-Info] Report of the 2023 Nominating Committee

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Thu Nov 2 02:07:41 UTC 2023

All,

As Chair for and on behalf of the 2023 Nominating Committee, Jeanette Jones,
Robert Stigile, Julie Cardinas, Brian Buhrow, and Tim Elder, I am pleased to
announce the candidates that we are recommending for the four board
positions that are up for reelection this year.

For the position of Board Member 1, currently held by Veronica Martinez
(elected 2021), we nominate Jamie Principato Crane, our Silicon Valley San
Jose Chapter President.

For the position of Board Member 2, currently held by cheryl Thurston
(elected 2021), we nominate cheryl Thurston.

For the position of Board Member 3, currently held by Michael Richardson
(elected 2021) we nominate Michael Richardson.

For the position of Board Member 4, currently held by Karen Steele (elected
in 2022 to fil a one-year term) we nominate Shelbi Felter, our current
California Association of Blind Students Division President.

While the above choices reflect the considered consensus of the Nominating
Committee, other candidates may be nominated from the floor in accordance
with our virtual voting policy.

https://www.nfbcal.org/convention-2-2/voting/

Ultimately, you the membership will be responsible for selecting your
leaders.  I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, November 4, at 4:00
p.m.  Don't forget to register so you have access to the Zoom link.

https://www.nfbcal.org/mini-virtual-convention/

regards,

Tim Elder

President

 <mailto:president at nfbcal.org> president at nfbcal.org

(916) 382-0372

 <http://www.nfbcal.org/> http://www.nfbcal.org/

Did you know that blind Californians are holding monthly meetings in your
region over Zoom and telephone?  Check out our virtual local chapter and
division meetings.  All are welcome to attend.

 <http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/>
http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/