[NFBC-Info] FW: The Seeing Eye Advocacy App -- Android Version is Here!

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 19:10:29 UTC 2024

Subject: The Seeing Eye Advocacy App -- Android Version is Here!

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=wxhBTNUnnTbL5Wp87U8yruIx1yaVskoa_L_bqNL0rkjiEhhQnthmVA>

Dear Seeing Eye graduate:

Many of you may know that we launched The Seeing Eye Advocacy app last year on the Apple store. We are happy to report that it’s now available to Android users. Here is some information about the app in case you didn’t see our original announcement.

The Seeing Eye has developed a free app to provide information about the U.S. and Canadian laws that ensure guide dog handlers have access to public places and protect them from interference from people and other dogs. The app also contains some educational materials The Seeing Eye has developed on these topics including the Guide Dog At Work <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=E5ALb_2XANh7xrOrrYfL_IWnmxkAg8s24nBW7vrrW-wnDaIenTl0uQ>  campaign and our taxi and rideshare flier <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=JaDJRZ6vN9J2hoRhvhKg26ftcuqF-MnUzq_fWDgcM4VcZFRVZh7cVg> .

To download the app from the Google Play store, go to this link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thegrandscheme.theseeingeyeadvocacy <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=TzW5VUrwDOqurqa_Vq9TcCW81hkLNYeFK6POFBLJTMzYLpCH8rzOkw>

If you want to locate the app by using the search function, we recommend you type “The Seeing Eye Advocacy” into the search box for best results.

If you haven’t downloaded the app from the Apple store on your iOS device already, go to: https://apps.apple.com/app/the-seeing-eye-advocacy/id6446094763 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=1sSJB8eJeXnYKWY3y_aPpnqbffUSEdMl0U1Et-BDNIDnKGEk7txA9w>

Thank you to all who have supported this effort and offered feedback. This app is a work in progress and we look forward to its evolution.

Dave Johnson and Melissa Allman
Accessibility, Advocacy, and Government Relations
The Seeing Eye

  <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/PixelServer?j=cBwqVY0silwPIjV6XfecJZUCmX6pA_22Zf8lpLMa9YuMlGsuVZkPIQ>

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=NEhU4OTUAPYA0ViZyyrt5bf_KVwqYpF0uWjNB9AUxUPurXe1gN_3zA>

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=lNTUs2LPYZkWnrT8DPr55-YeKLcv9oIilQhIvKJr1wOwvHJo6veA_w>