[NFBC-Info] FW: DOT Request for Comments - Link To Submission Form

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 23:53:56 UTC 2024

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=5tbYwb4ffWXRysWmdX55GA3YpVyssiyvuT1cSejdq-dZhTVbwFyxDg>

Dear Seeing Eye graduate:

Yesterday we told you about the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requesting comments on proposed revisions to the Service Animal Air Transportation Form, and on the proposed reinstatement of the Relief Attestation Form. Unfortunately, the form to submit comments is not easily accessed. The following link will take you directly to the submission form:

https://www.regulations.gov/commenton/DOT-OST-2018-0068-32402 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=6ebIShVRHxqlCuR8gbL0bAAqa2Wm1tbuW2wQhr7-hP04O_PrA7eIHg>

However, you still need to go to the link we provided yesterday in order to read the information about the proposed revisions to the Service Animal Air Transportation Form:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/11/13/2023-24885/notice-of-submission-of-proposed-information-collection-to-omb-agency-request-for-reinstatement-of <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=pHLx_k_tCwjZCyDGad09MUYsiIchNfGSOvTpODRUQvaNk4HvGhHcwA>

In addition, The Seeing Eye has prepared its own response to the DOT's Request for Comments. Our response can be accessed here:

https://www.seeingeye.org/knowledge-center/rights--legal-information/tse-dot-response-comments.html <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=S07BYVHgF_vmdCmjxVNWoFBGeGI38b5YyPzoM2-QgD0-EuuXXTkpdA>

The text of yesterday's email is below. Thank you!

Dear Seeing Eye graduate:

It has very recently come to the attention of The Seeing Eye and other consumer organizations that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has issued a notice in the Federal Register requesting comments on proposed revisions to the Service Animal Air Transportation Form and Relief Attestation Form.

We are disappointed that the DOT did not alert stakeholders of this request for comment as they have made a practice of doing in the past. Although the notice was published on November 13, 2023 allowing sixty days for public comment, it would appear that many stakeholders have only recently learned of the request for comment. Comments must be submitted by this Friday, January 12, 2024.

We urge you to review the notice and follow the instructions for submitting a comment at the link below:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/11/13/2023-24885/notice-of-submission-of-proposed-information-collection-to-omb-agency-request-for-reinstatement-of <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=5ZsNroDE21Clb1D4oYCuZLyeDdmVOWH8oZ9-agceXy0f_VNua33Hzg>

Please be assured that The Seeing Eye will be submitting comments, and we urge you as a graduate of The Seeing Eye to do the same. Please do not forget that your comments must be submitted by Friday January 12, 2024.

Thank you,

Dave Johnson and Melissa Allman
Seeing Eye Department of Accessibility, Advocacy, and Government Relations

  <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/PixelServer?j=lxsCzqenQTlLvVfkfGRxhA9f02FE6siSIBID4Nm3O5l8l9fdmKy3Iw>

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=o7zW5RiYwnCQtYyAcHhqK9Yvj0bILkH0Vb_nuwOOatne1WtscJlsog>

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=u5SCQ2xQsI4cdapETb2Bj7ASTzJR3Envf-ygH-exB2_9_OSvWWo8gQ>

 <http://support.seeingeye.org/site/R?i=hWt3cCp1zrR-sEePXQQC5Szq_TR1NJQIbM3h3-LPIAWH1WXbVVRYHQ>