[NFBC-Info] State Convention 2024 Registration Is Live! (March 14--17, 2024) Hotel Rates Expire Feb. 21)

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Sat Jan 20 22:32:01 UTC 2024

Family,

I'm excited to announce that It is officially time to register and start
making your travel plans for the 2024 State Convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of California!  Please circulate this announcement
to all who may be interested in the largest meeting of blind people in the
state.

  We will gather at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova on March 14-17,
2024.  We are excited to showcase driverless cars, advancements in video
game accessibility, tactile art/design techniques, updates from our national
leadership, an exhibit hall,  and many other resources for the blindness
community.

Be sure to book your hotels ASAP because the group rates expire on February
21  We expect to sell out of our room block.  Don't delay to ensure you have
your room at the discount rate while supplies last.  Note that there is no
group code and you simply need to reference the National Federation of the
Blind of California with the dates and location when booking over the phone
to get the discount rate.  Also note that there are some unfortunate access
issues with the Marriott website.  While it is possible for some experienced
users to book with the web interface given enough patience, others may find
it easier to book over the telephone.

https://www.nfbcal.org/2024-state-convention/

Also please share our scholarship application far and wide, applications due
Feb 18, though you shouldn't wait that long.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17wAYk_dh-8gClYCIWTF1gOr5CAyb7zBFnPk_CaSyZrg
/viewform?edit_requested=true

Any exhibitors or partners who would like to sponsor the convention are much
appreciated.  Please reach out to Cheryl Thurston (cthurston74 at gmail.com
<mailto:cthurston74 at gmail.com> ) for exhibitor registration opportunities.
Please contact Tim Elder at president at nfbcal.org
<mailto:president at nfbcal.org>  for sponsorship options.  We depend on the
generous donations of our sponsors to fund the cost of these conventions,
provide captioning to our DeafBlind members, Spanish language translation,
and fund our Braille child literacy and other advocacy projects throughout
the year.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Sacramento very soon!

Tim Elder

President

 <mailto:president at nfbcal.org> president at nfbcal.org

(916) 382-0372

 <http://www.nfbcal.org/> http://www.nfbcal.org/

Did you know that blind Californians are holding monthly meetings in your
region over Zoom and telephone?  Check out our virtual local chapter and
division meetings.  All are welcome to attend.

 <http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/>
http://www.nfbcal.org/chapters-and-divisions/