[NFBC-Pathfinder] FW: Alexa, Open National Federation – Access NFB-NEWSLINE

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:03:53 UTC 2021

Subject: Alexa, Open National Federation – Access NFB-NEWSLINE

Spotlight: NFB-NEWSLINE on Your Favorite Amazon Device

Alexa. Echo. Computer.

Activate your Amazon device and access the National Federation of the Blind NFB-NEWSLINE®, a free audio and Braille information service for anyone who is blind, low-vision, deafblind, or otherwise print-disabled. Enjoy a world of content – over 500 publications, such as the following:

*	National and local news like Associated Press, New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune
*	Popular magazines like All Recipes, Sporting News, PC World, Popular Science, Wired
*	Emergency weather alerts, job listings, retail ads, TV listings
*	NEW: Kids Reading Corner
*	NEW: People en Español

Hear what users are saying:

“My favorite method of accessing NFB-NEWSLINE is Alexa. I like to access NEWSLINE this way because I do a lot of multitasking. Alexa allows me to access NEWSLINE anytime during my workday. Some people like to turn on a radio for background noise, and so do I. But, I also like to listen to different publications available through NEWSLINE. I am a huge fan of technology. I think Alexa is a fun piece of technology and a convenient way to access the NFB-NEWSLINE service. Since it’s hands-free, I don't even have to stop what I am doing to select a publication.” - Samuel, NFB-NEWSLINE subscriber

If you aren’t subscribed to NFB-NEWSLINE, learn more about subscribing today <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20849&qid=5189268> !

Alexa, Open National Federation

The NFB-NEWSLINE Amazon Alexa skill must be enabled, and subscribers must log-in to NFB-NEWSLINE on their device on first use, but it’s then unnecessary moving forward. Here are some more tips and guidance on how to use:

*	Alexa can help you select and move through publications easily with a variety of commands
*	The reading voice and speed of articles using the Alexa skill can be altered
*	Any article read by the Alexa skill can be sent to you via email

Check out this demonstration logging in into an Amazon device from a previous recorded training. <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20850&qid=5189268>

Access all of the commands <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20851&qid=5189268> .

About the National Federation of the Blind NFB-NEWSLINE

The National Federation of the Blind is a transformative membership and advocacy organization of blind people. The NFB-NEWSLINE is a free audio and Braille service for anyone who is blind, low-vision, deafblind, or otherwise print-disabled, which offers access to more than 500 publications, popular magazines, emergency weather alerts, job listings, and the list keeps growing. Learn more and apply today at nfbnewsline.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20891&qid=5189268> .

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20852&qid=5189268>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20853&qid=5189268>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20854&qid=5189268>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20855&qid=5189268>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20856&qid=5189268>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20857&qid=5189268>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314