[NFBC-Pathfinder] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Legislative Alert June 3, 2021

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 19:45:44 UTC 2021

From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Pare, John via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:54 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Legislative Alert June 3, 2021

Dear Federation Family:

During the Presidential Release earlier this week, President Riccobono urged us to get to 25 percent of both the House and Senate as cosponsors on the Access Technology Affordability Act. He announced that we had 20 cosponsors in the Senate and 83 in the House. We just added Representatives Buddy Carter, Darin LaHood, and Al Lawson, Jr. so we are now up to 86 in the House. Our goal is to get to 25 cosponsors in the Senate and 109 in the House in just the next few weeks. By doing so this will greatly improve the likelihood that we will be able to get the Access Technology Affordability Act included in the American Jobs Act.

The Senate is back in session on June 7 and the House is back in session on June 14 but Congressional staff is in Washington, DC right now. Please contact your member of Congress as soon as possible and urge them to cosponsor the Access Technology Affordability Act.

When you call or email, you might say the following:

"Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of [REPRESENTATIVE/SENATOR NAME]. I live in [CITY, STATE]. I would like to urge [REPRESENTATIVE/SENATOR NAME] to cosponsor the Access Technology Affordability Act [H.R. 431 in the House/S. 212 in the Senate]. This legislation removes an employment barrier commonly experienced by blind Americans who cannot afford the high cost of access technology by creating a refundable tax credit in the amount of $2,000 to offset the cost of this technology.

Thanks."

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol Switchboard and asking for the office in question. The number is 202-224-3121. If you email your representative or senators, please copy Jeff Kaloc at jkaloc at nfb.org <mailto:jkaloc at nfb.org> . Your calls and emails do make a difference.

It is best to call or email the relevant staff person in your member of Congress's office. For your convenience, we have attached lists (two files) of relevant staffers in both the House and Senate. If you do not see your member of Congress, please email Jesa Medders at jmedders at nfb.org <mailto:jmedders at nfb.org>  and she will do further research.

The list of current cosponsors is pasted below.

Thank you for all that you do,

John

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

National Federation of the Blind

Telephone: (410) 659-9314, extension 2218

H.R. 431 Cosponsors

Rep. Kelly, Mike [R-PA-16]

Rep. Eshoo, Anna G. [D-CA-18]

Rep. Larson, John B. [D-CT-1]

Rep. Beyer, Donald S., Jr. [D-VA-8]

Rep. DeGette, Diana [D-CO-1]

Rep. Stewart, Chris [R-UT-2]

Rep. Sewell, Terri A. [D-AL-7]

Rep. Moore, Blake D. [R-UT-1]

Rep. Yarmuth, John A. [D-KY-3]

Rep. Wittman, Robert J. [R-VA-1]

Rep. McCollum, Betty [D-MN-4]

Del. Plaskett, Stacey E. [D-VI-At Large]

Rep. Crow, Jason [D-CO-6]

Rep. Reschenthaler, Guy [R-PA-14]

Rep. Suozzi, Thomas R. [D-NY-3]

Rep. Panetta, Jimmy [D-CA-20]

Rep. Bishop, Sanford D., Jr. [D-GA-2]

Rep. Fitzpatrick, Brian K. [R-PA-1]

Rep. Axne, Cynthia [D-IA-3]

Rep. Stevens, Haley M. [D-MI-11]

Rep. Hastings, Alcee L. [D-FL-20]

Rep. Smith, Christopher H. [R-NJ-4]

Rep. Cohen, Steve [D-TN-9]

Rep. Van Drew, Jefferson [R-NJ-2]

Rep. Schneider, Bradley Scott [D-IL-10]

Rep. Underwood, Lauren [D-IL-14]

Rep. Manning, Kathy E. [D-NC-6]

Rep. Sarbanes, John P. [D-MD-3]

Rep. Evans, Dwight [D-PA-3]

Rep. Gohmert, Louie [R-TX-1]

Rep. Sires, Albio [D-NJ-8]

Rep. Salazar, Maria Elvira [R-FL-27]

Rep. Trahan, Lori [D-MA-3]

Rep. Stauber, Pete [R-MN-8]

Rep. Tlaib, Rashida [D-MI-13]

Rep. Krishnamoorthi, Raja [D-IL-8]

Rep. Rush, Bobby L. [D-IL-1]

Rep. Pascrell, Bill, Jr. [D-NJ-9]

Rep. DelBene, Suzan K. [D-WA-1]

Rep. Owens, Burgess [R-UT-4]

Rep. Cole, Tom [R-OK-4]

Rep. Rutherford, John H. [R-FL-4]

Rep. Bilirakis, Gus M. [R-FL-12]

Rep. Young, Don [R-AK-At Large]

Rep. Posey, Bill [R-FL-8] 03/02/2021

Rep. Ruppersberger, C. A. Dutch [D-MD-2]

Rep. Neguse, Joe [D-CO-2]

Rep. Craig, Angie [D-MN-2]

Rep. Adams, Alma S. [D-NC-12]

Rep. Crawford, Eric A. "Rick" [R-AR-1]

Rep. McMorris Rodgers, Cathy [R-WA-5]

Rep. Bost, Mike [R-IL-12]

Rep. Thompson, Glenn [R-PA-15]

Rep. Herrera Beutler, Jaime [R-WA-3]

Rep. Schweikert, David [R-AZ-6]

Rep. Davis, Rodney [R-IL-13]

Rep. Blunt Rochester, Lisa [D-DE-At Large]

Rep. Murphy, Stephanie N. [D-FL-7]

Rep. Boyle, Brendan F. [D-PA-2]

Rep. Trone, David J. [D-MD-6]

Rep. Guest, Michael [R-MS-3]