[NFBC-Pathfinder] FW: Promote #NFB21 National Convention: Toolkit for Members

tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com tina.thomas90044 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 15:49:00 UTC 2021

Subject: Promote #NFB21 National Convention: Toolkit for Members

#NFB21 National Convention: Mini Communications Toolkit for Members

Federationists: we need your help publicizing the National Federation of the Blind National Convention and increasing registration before May 31. Please use this toolkit for social media and mailing lists you manage. Your help is greatly appreciated to make this the biggest event of the year! If you haven't registered yet, please register now at nfb.org/registration <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21157&qid=5403669> .

This toolkit includes content templates to simply copy and paste to the corresponding platform. Please feel free to edit into your own words as needed. It’s also great to add a convention story. Attached is the NFB21 image to use on social media.

The alt text or image description is National Federation of the Blind logo, 2021 National Convention, July 6-10, Anywhere and Everywhere; An image of the United States with lines connecting and intersecting over the top of it.

If you have questions, please reach out to CommunicationsTeam at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21128&qid=5403669> .

When Talking with People Who Can Benefit from Convention

If you connect with someone directly over the phone or in-person, here are some key messages about convention:

*     National convention is a great opportunity to meet many blind people from all walks of life. This year it is free and will be Tuesday, July 6 through Saturday, July 10, 2021, via Zoom.

*     There are so many different topics addressed during convention from legal to entertainment to student life and employment. There is something for everyone.

*     Members who join the Federation and register before May 31 will be able to vote during national convention which is our movement’s authority on our policies and priorities.

*     Register at nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21277&qid=5403669>  or connect with your chapter or affiliate president for assistance.

Twitter Posts – Choose One at a Time

*     I am registered for the largest gathering of blind people! Attend national convention, Tuesday, July 6 through Saturday, July 10, 2021. Register today. #NFB21 nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21277&qid=5403669>

*     Attend #NFB21! Members and non-members are welcomed and invited to participate. Register to get access to exclusive offers, convention announcements, door prizes, and so much more! nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21277&qid=5403669>

*     The #NFB21 @NFB_Voice National Convention is in July, but plan to attend now! Register today and help connect blind people from anywhere and create opportunities everywhere. nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21277&qid=5403669>

Facebook Post

I am registered to attend the largest gathering of blind people from July 6 through July 10. The National Federation of the Blind National Convention provides opportunities that change blind people’s lives. Learn about alternative skills and the positive philosophy on blindness. We benefit from the strength and knowledge gained from our voices in this movement. We are stronger together. Register at nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21291&qid=5403669> .

Email A Friend

If you have a friend or know someone new to the Federation, please consider sending them a personal email about the convention. Below is a draft email.

Subject Line:

Join Me - I am attending the National Federation of the Blind National Convention!

Email Text:

I hope you can join me at the largest gathering of blind people being held July 6 through July 10. The 2021 National Federation of the Blind National Convention will be held virtually, and you can participate by phone or web. There will be multiple ways to participate in and interact with all convention events. Members and non-members are welcomed and invited to register for free. Registration provides access to exclusive offers, convention announcements, door prizes, and other exciting content. No matter where you are in your journey with blindness, there is something of value for you!

NFB National Convention is for blind people, people losing vision, our friends, families, and anyone involved in the blind community.

Schedule Overview:

*     Tuesday, July 6: Seminars & Specialized Meetings

*     Wednesday, July 7: Board Meeting & Resolutions

*     Thursday, July 8: Division Meetings & Opening Ceremony

*     Friday, July 9: Presidential Report & General Session

*     Saturday, July 10: Business Session & Annual Banquet

Register at nfb.org/convention <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21291&qid=5403669> . See you there!

Thank you!

With your help, we will connect blind Americans from anywhere to build opportunities everywhere. We look forward to a great convention. Thank you!

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21129&qid=5403669>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21130&qid=5403669>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21131&qid=5403669>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21132&qid=5403669>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21133&qid=5403669>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21134&qid=5403669>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314