[NFBC-Pathfinder] Surfing for the blind

Rochelle Houston rhouston58 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 00:10:40 UTC 2023

URBAN SURF 4 KIDS

ENCINITAS LIONS CLUB BLIND SURF EVENT

SEPTEMBER 10, 2023 8:00 AM TO 3:00 PM

ENCINITAS LIONS CLUB

SAN DIEGO'S VISUALLY IMPAIRED WILL ONCE AGAIN HIT THE WAVES AT CARDIFF STATE BEACH, SEASIDE

MARK YOUR CALENDAR! The Encinitas Lions Club in partnership with Urban Surf 4 Kids will hold their 26th Annual Surfing Clinic for the blind and visually impaired. Surfers are provided wet suits, surfboards and instruction, in the water as they challenge themselves to balance atop surfboards. Lunch for all of our guests will be included, whether you surf or come to enjoy a day at the beach. Surfing participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt. Parking is available at Cardiff State Beach for $15 per car. There is limited street parking.

Helen Keller challenged the Lions Club to become the "Knights of the Blind." Thus, our club identifies needs within our community and works together to fulfill those needs. In addition to the annual Blind Surfing Event, the Encinitas Lions Club works on a variety of projects designed to help the visually impaired, such as free diabetes and eye testing clinics, eyeglass recycling. prescription eye glasses, Guide Dogs for the Blind and Audible Traffic Signals throughout our city.

Urban Surf 4 Kids provides opportunities for healing and empowerment through surf therapy, mentorship and life skills achievement programs for youth in foster and at-risk communities. Their staff will provide experienced surfers to ensure that your day "at the beach" memories will last a life time.

Come surf or volunteer with us! Preregistration is required Register here:

https://urbansurf4kids.org/event-calendar/san-diego-encinitaslions- surf-camp-for-blind-visually-impaired-september-10-2023/

Kor

Boards Brow

N.NOURANI REAL ESTATE ADVISORS

BEST PIZZA & BREW SAN DIEGO

HANSEN SURFBOARDS

EVERYDAY& CALIFORNIA

Rochelle Houston,
President, Pathfinder Chapter Los Angeles
rhouston58 at gmail.com
323 807-0300
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nations blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.