[NFBC-SFV] Time sensitive State Convention info

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 17:47:11 UTC 2017

Hello again,

As you know the California State Convention is coming up.  I sincerely hope
that all of you can attend.  It would be wonderful for all of the San
Fernando Valley members could meet and get to know each other even better.
I'm including in this message the Location and dates of the convention.

It is very important that each member of our chapter let me know if you plan
to attend.  This information is needed by our affiliate president so she can
make appropriate bus arrangements.  If you plan to attend and if you want to
take advantage of the transportation that the state affiliate will provide,
you absolutely need to let me know.  The cost of the bus for members is only
$5.00.   Also, if you want to ride the bus, you'll need to first register
for the convention.  At this point, President Hairston is working on
providing 2 buses to serve the southern California area.  One bus has been
reserved to service the Los Angeles area.  A second bus that would serve the
San Diego and Escondido area is pending until a large enough number of
riders has been confirmed.  So, if you plan to attend the convention,
register, and let me know so I can provide President Hairston with an
accurate count.

Here are the details of the convention again.

State convention

November 2 through 5

Embassy Suites Milpitas

Silicon Valley,

901 East Calaveras Boulevard,

Milpitas, CA 95035

Room Rates:

Double Suites-no smoking (2 double Beds and the Fold Out Couch) $129.00

Including Single, Triple and Quad (no smoking)

King Suites-no smoking (one King sized Bed and the Fold Out Couch) $119.00

All reservations: on or before October 12, 2017

To register for the convention, you can paste the link below into your web
browser.  The form is easy to complete, and if you preregister for the whole
enchilada, it will only cost $75, plus the $5.00 for the bus.  That includes
access to the Vendor Exhibitor Hall, Friday Family Feud Game and Auction
with appetizers, a luncheon on Saturday, and the banquet on Saturday night.

Here's the link to preregister.

http://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/2017_nfbc_state_convention_preregistra
tion_form

Again, let me know of your plans as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Robert Stigile, Second Vice-president
National Federation of the Blind Of California
President San Fernando Valley Chapter
818-381-9568
rstigile at gmail.com <mailto:rstigile at gmail.com>

You Can Live The Life You Want!