[NFBC-SFV] Another event for November 18 - Caltech Concert, 8 pm

L Nishihara lnnishihara at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 01:01:50 UTC 2017

If you aren't tech'ed out join us at Caltech for an evening of choral Oldies but Goodies from the 15th century to today. Rock out with Elijah, or get your Ching-a-Ring in gear! If that's too fast paced how about something calmer from one of the recent 20th composers, Morten "Skip" Lauridsen. His music will calm frayed nerves and give you a 3-dimensional auditory experience.
When: Saturday, November 18, 2017Doors open at 7:30 pm or whenever we finish warming up Concert will end about 9:30, refreshments served on patio after concertAdmission: FreeWhere: Ramo Auditorium, 322 South Michigan Ave., Pasadena, CA (turn left at the stop sign into the parking lot. South Michigan dead ends into campus. Parking is free!) Tell Access to drop you off near the handicap parking at Beckman Auditorium. It's a round white building that looks like a single layer wedding cake.
Call Caltech Security for assistance from behind Beckman auditorium in the parking lot. Tell them you are going to Ramo Auditorium. the number of people, equipment or guide dogs. Give them 10 to 20 minutes to get to where you are. The phone number is (626) 395-4701
Likewise when it's time to leave, call the same number. Give them the same info to pick you up at Ramo Auditorium. You may want to ask them to take you to the dead end on Michigan just outside the parking lot. That's where I have Access pick me up. Figure they would get lost trying to navigate campus. There's a nice grassy and plant area if dogs need to relieve themselves.
Unfortunately Ramo is not Handicapped compliant. Restrooms at Ramo are on the second floor. If you are unable to navigate the stairs, there is a closer one at stage level. It's normally for the crew, but it is easier t get to. This restroom is behind the stage on the left as you approach the stage.
Campus map and concert flyer are attached.
Hope you can come!
-Lynne NishiharaLNNishihara at yahoo.com818-486-3649