[NFBC-SFV] NFBC-SFV: Has anyone tried Microsoft Seeing AI?

L Nishihara lnnishihara at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 18:17:52 UTC 2018

Hey everybody! Good seeing you yesterday! Got a  question for people with iPhones or other iOS devices. Have you tried Microsoft's fe app, Seeing AI? Microsoft published it c in 2016. Julian may have had a Tech Talk about it too. I read this January 2018 review from college student Veronica With Four Eyes. Her post was quite informative, but I was wondering if you had tried it and your opinions. There may be latency depending on the version of software or the speed of your device.
If you use Seeing AI do you hold your smartphone in your hand or do you use a Head's-Up-Device (HUD)?
Unfortunately, there isn't an Android version. In 2016 the majority of Americans and Canadians used iOS. Stats have tipped in 2018 where Android has 54 percent of the market share. I want to urge Microsoft to pick up the project again for Android users.
Anyway, do you have reviews or feedback on it? I'm curious what people I know think of it. Here is Veronica's post on Seeing AI:https://veroniiiica.com/2018/01/30/microsoft-seeing-ai-low-vision-review/

Thanks!Lynne Nishihara818-486-3649