[NFBC-SFV] NFBC-SFV: Has anyone tried Microsoft Seeing AI?

L Nishihara lnnishihara at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 00:31:55 UTC 2018

 Thanks for the additional info Julian. Didn't realize it had a hand-writing mode too. Look out Samsung Note! Everything you guys are talking about is useful for the normal-sighted community too. How convenient to scan a bar-code in a store and have nutritional information read to you. I also know people who can't read the teensy tiny text on an OTC medicine bottle. This would help them too.
There are a lot of things we use the normal-sighted people can benefit from. Some of it is already built into their phones, but I'll bet many don't know their phones can read and send text messages for them. There are a lot of people walking around with their heads in their phones. Someone ha even introduced a law you can't text while walking across a street. Driving and texting is already illegal. Apparently some people don't know there is another way, or don't take time to learn how.
On the Microsoft side what's in it for them? Why develop on a non-Microsoft platform? Largesse? Good will? Maybe something to keep them in the public eye. I should keep my mouth shut. They may develop it for everyone and charge for it <frowny face>
Thanks!-Lynne