[NFBC-SFV] Chapter Meeting

Robert Stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 05:23:44 UTC 2020

Hello All,
I am writing to let you know the status of our upcoming Chapter Meeting which is scheduled for Saturday March 14th.
As you may recall, Joy and I had major repairs that need to be done to our home, which meant we would need to move out while the repairs are being done.
Well, a week ago, we had the movers come in and we have moved everything out of our home, and the repairs have started.
Because of this, we will be out of our home for approximately four to five months.
Knowing this would take place, I have been looking for a place to have our chapter meeting, but have not yet found a place.
Most restaurants want to charge us anywhere from $300 to $400 or more, to have our meeting.
Since we have not yet found a place, and some are concerned about the Coronavirus, I have discussed with the Board, and we are going to try having a meeting this month by conference call, and if it works, we will go forward with this while we do not have a place to meet.
With this being said, keep in mind, we will not have a 50/50 raffle, and you may want to make sure your phone is charged or you have a outlet to plug in your phone.
The call in number is as follows:
319-527-3250
there is no passcode to enter.
The meeting will begin as usual, at 10 am and end no later then noon, but could end earlier depending on discussion.
Please keep in mind, that we will hear all background noise, so please do not call in from a restaurant, and please try to keep your background noise to a minimum.
Also, once we have introductions, it will be helpful if you are not speaking or asking a question, if you could mute yourself, which to do so you will press star 6 and to unmute your phone to talk you press star 6   again.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me either by phone or e-mail.
I appreciate your understanding, as we work through through these issues.
Sincerely,

Robert Stigile, Second Vice-president
national Federation of the Blind of California
President San Fernando Valley Chapter
C: 818-381-9568
email: rstigile at gmail.com
The National Federation of the Blind is a Community of Members and Friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the Nations Blind.
Every day we work together to help Blind people live the lives we want.