[NFBC-SFV] Fw: Still Waiting for your IRS Check? New Wednesday 9 AM Deadline to Provide IRS with your Bank Info

L Nishihara lnnishihara at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 01:05:09 UTC 2020

 Hi everybody. Brad Sherman is the Congressperson for much of San Fernando Valley. He sent out info on stimulus checks. His message is forwarded below.
Congressman Sherman also has town halls every two weeks during COVID-19. Feel free to call in or ask questions  The next meeting is Tuesday, May 19, at 7 pm, details below. Past meetings have included Coronavirus epidemiology experts and state assembly members.
Stay safe!Lynne Nishihara
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Congressman Brad Sherman <brad.sherman at congressnewsletter.net>

| May 11, 2020 | Unsubscribe | Update My Profile |

|  |
|  |
|  Website | Biography | Contact Us | Press | Legislative | Help With Federal Agencies  |

 Still Waiting for your Stimulus Check? You have until 9 AM Pacific Time Wed to give the IRS your Bank Information to Avoid Further Delay

 Dear Friend,

 If you are still waiting for your economic impact payment check from the IRS ($1200 per adult, $500 per child), it may be because the IRS doesn't have your bank information. If this is the case, the article below from the Washington Post may be helpful to you in determining the status of your stimulus payment.

 If you can’t give your banking information to the IRS by this deadline, you DO NOT lose the money. But you may need to wait until June or even July to receive a paper check in the mail for whatever amount you are entitled to.

 By Michelle Singletary

 May 11, 2020

 The IRS says 120 million stimulus payments worth more than $200 billion have been sent out. But for the millions of people who haven't received their payments -- up to $1,200 for individuals -- not knowing when, or if, the money is coming has them on edge.

 On Friday May 8th, the IRS announced that eligible taxpayers who are still waiting on their stimulus payments have until 12 PM eastern time [9 AM pacific time] Wednesday May 13th to use the "Get My Payment" portal to input direct deposit information to avoid having to wait for an economic impact payment check in the mail.

 "After noon Wednesday, the IRS will begin preparing millions of files to send to BFS [Bureau of Fiscal Services] for paper checks that will begin arriving through May and into June," the IRS said on Friday.

 If you miss the deadline or can't access the "Get My Payment" online tool, you may need to wait until June or later to receive your economic impact payment in the mail.

 *  *  *  *
  Follow the link to read more https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/11/still-waiting-your-stimulus-check-you-have-until-12-pm-wednesday-give-irs-your-bank-information/        If you are having trouble using the IRS "Get My Payment" online portal (irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment) the following Los Angeles Times article may help: https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-04-27/irs-website-hack-coronavirus-stimulus-checks-all-caps
 If you are still having trouble, contact our constituent services team at 818-501-9200 or at https://sherman.house.gov/services/help-with-a-federal-agency

 Please join us on Tuesday May 19th for our fifth Coronavirus Telephone Town Hall starting at 7:00 PM Pacific. To participate, dial (877) 229-8493 anytime during the event on May 19th and enter PIN code 13402. To RSVP or Submit a Question, visit BradSherman.house.gov/CVRSVP
                I hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy and safe and will join me on May 19th.         Sincerely,          Congressman Brad Sherman       |

| Contact Information |
| Website: http://Sherman.house.gov |

| Washington, D.C.
 2181 Rayburn Building
 Washington, D.C.
 20515-0524
 (202) 225-5911 tel
 (202) 225-5879 fax  |  San Fernando Valley
 5000 Van Nuys Blvd.
 Suite 420
 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
 (818) 501-9200 tel
 (818) 501-1554 fax  |

|  Update My Profile - Unsubscribe - Privacy Policy  |

If you are having trouble viewing this message or would like to share it on a social network, you can view the message online.