[NFBC-SFV] Join HFS for a Nature Walk at the L A Arboretum-Saturday, January 22nd

Hearts For Sight Foundation hearts4sight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:11:00 UTC 2022

 Nature Walk AT Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden Saturday, January 22, 2022 – 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM 301 N. Baldwin Ave., Arcadia, CA 91007 Join Hearts For Sight (HFS) and Inspiring Connection Outdoors (ICO) at this special outing!   The Los Angeles County Arboretum is a natural treasure in the heart of LA County in Arcadia. Surrounded by the beautiful San Gabriel Mountains, this home to gorgeous gardens and landscapes continues to surprise with its variety of plants. You can take the winding pathways through many different plant environments. Here you will find rose gardens, water gardens, herb gardens and seasonal gardens to name a few. There are plant collections from all over the world, as well as the famous Baldwin Lake with a variety of birds. Here you will find historic buildings such as a Mexican-era adobe, an 1890s train station, a Native American shelter, and Elias J. Baldwin's Queen Anne Cottage.  Meeting time is at 8:30 AM at the Arboretum. We will stroll around the pathways through this beautiful landscape. Advance RSVP is a must to reserve tickets. ICO is sponsoring up to 40 admission tickets only.   Wear comfortable shoes, layers of clothing because it could be hot or cold or both, and a hat, with a day pack big enough to carry everything. Loaner equipment available; just ask.Bring bottled water, along with snacks and lunch. Only guide dogs allowed.   SIGHTED GUIDES NEEDED. As interest in our hikes for the Visually Impaired continues to increase, so has our need for sighted guides. Please spread the word so that every VIP gets their own guide. No experience necessary. Just be willing to help and we will teach you everything you need to know.   This hike is cosponsored by HFS and ICO. Participants must sign liability waivers for both organizations. Waiver forms will be provided when you RSVP.   If you are interested in volunteering as a sighted guide or to RSVP, please be sure to contact Racquel Decipeda via email at hearts4sight at gmail.com, or call 818-457-1482   We look forward to another adventure with you!  Hearts For Sight Foundation | 1540 Prospect Avenue, San Gabriel, CA 91776 Unsubscribe nfbc-sfv at nfbnet.org Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice Sent by hearts4sight at gmail.com powered by Try email marketing for free today!