[NFBC-SFV] Call for Volunteers! HFS is looking for additional sighted guides for Sunday, October 16 hike at Griffith Park.

Hearts For Sight Foundation hearts4sight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:14:12 UTC 2022

Call for Volunteers!

Hearts for Sight needs help once again from our sighted community members to
support us with sighted guides for our hike at Historic Griffith Park this
Sunday, October 16. We are looking for additional volunteers so we could
accommodate all our HFS Visually impaired members that want to go hiking and
enjoy some nature walking.

Where & when:

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Meeting time at 8:30 AM at Franklin Café: 2650 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles
90027.

We will be on the trail by 9 and return by noon or one PM. Folks would most
likely be going to lunch at Franklin Café.

Hike Description: After our recent semi-challenging but enjoyable hike in
the San Gabriel Mountains, come join HFS at our local Griffith Park hike on
Sunday October 16, 2022.

Hike through historic Griffith Park in Hollywood on smooth dirt roads and
dodgy pavement at an easy pace. This trip will revisit familiar ground with
a twist. We will climb up a well-maintained but steep dirt road called
"Riverside Trail" to the Vista del Valle heliport, famous for its overlook
of the area. To close the loop, we will descend on the gentle paved roads
which we've trod before, with a stop at Cedar Grove. Lunch follows. Trip
stats: 3 miles, 400 feet of gain.

To RSVP, please be sure to contact Racquel Decipeda via email
<mailto:hearts4sight at gmail.com> hearts4sight at gmail.com or call 818-457-1482.
A reminder email will be sent out to all that signed up by Friday.

Thank you so much in advance!

Warmest regards,

Hearts For Sight Staff

 <http://heartsforsightfoundation.org/> Hearts For Sight Foundation

"Chase your dreams with your head held high"

P: (818)457-1482 // (818)253-4233
E:  <mailto:Hearts4sight at gmail.com> Hearts4sight at gmail.com or
<mailto:racquelmd29 at hotmail.com> racquelmd29 at hotmail.com

Watch video(s) about our life-changing work!_

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBEIWFiwHHU&feature=youtu.be> Biking /
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V5KZX-qoXw&feature=youtu.be> Hiking /
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc5KHnLOquI&feature=youtu.be> Fitness

<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/f.html?C=2P8O5BKDGGB5A&K=10SM5SH4MWRYV&M=urn:rt
n:msg:201901301908461c3f22fdf14f47c48aae80d36b90p0na&R=2M3C4F4EAXR25&T=C&U=h
ttp%3A%2F%2Fsmile.amazon.com%2Fch%2F81-2457848&H=FYAS8JXF9GTVLEVLHVBAIZRFQGK