[NFBC-SFV] State Convention Grants

Juanita Herrera juanita.herrera91 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 07:32:59 UTC 2022

Hello all,

On Friday, September 2, the board of the San Fernando Valley Chapter met and decided that we would be awarding five grants amounting in $200 to chapter members interested in attending state convention in person in  San Diego this upcoming November. In order to apply, members must first register for state convention. Your registration must include banquet. If you will be taking the Inlet Empire Chapter bus, you must first pay your bus fee to Robert. If you will be taking the train, please submit your receipt to Robert.  If you are taking  an alternate form of transportation, such as Uber or Lyft, receipts will have to be submitted immediately after. Furthermore, we ask that you attend the board meeting on Thursday, at least one division meeting on Friday, and general session on Saturday and Sunday. Chapter board members will be present at these meetings to ensure your attendance. Lastly, we will ask that you speak about your experience of state convention at our November chapter meeting.

We asked that your proof of convention registration and proof of transportation be submitted no later than October 5. The board will meet on October 7 to determine who will be receiving the grants. Recipient of the grants will be announced on October 8 at our chapter meeting. Grants will be distributed in full at state convention.

If anyone has any questions pertaining to the grant, don’t hesitate to reach out to Robert or myself.  I am including Roberts email address below where you can submit your transportation receipt and proof of registration. I am also including the link for state convention registration.

Robert’s Email: rstigile at gmail.com
Registration Link: http://www.nfbcal.org/convention/

Best Regards,
Juanita Herrera
National Federation of the Blind of California, Board Member
San Fernando Valley Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of California, Vice President