[NFBC-SFV] Chapter meeting

Robert Stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:04:23 UTC 2023

Hello All,
I am writing to let you know, that Saturday June 10th is our next Chapter meeting.
Please let me know by Friday afternoon, if you will be attending in person so I know how many chairs to have set up as well as for refreshments.
I am always appreciative of someone volunteering to bring refreshments as well as to lead the pledges.
If you are attending in person, the address to our home is 19831 Friar Street in Woodland Hills, 91367 and the cross street is Corbin.
If you wish to stay for lunch please schedule your access trips no later then 4 pm.
We will be having a Guest speaker, so if you have questions the meeting could go a little later then noon.
for those of you attending on Zoom, I will open the room about 9:45 am and the meeting will begin at 10 am.
I am pasting the information about our speaker below, and I will send out the zoom information on Friday.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by phone, text or e-mail.
Sincerely,
Robert Stigile, Second Vice-president
President San Fernando Valley Chapter
Treasurer California Association of Guide Dog Users
818-381-9568

Presentation Title:* Learn about OKO — the revolutionary new pedestrian
crossing app
ininPresentation Abstract:* AYES Inc. is developing an AI service to assist
blind and visually impaired to explore cities effortlessly. They have
developed a mobile application, called OKO, that assists blind and visually
impaired people to receive the status of the pedestrian traffic light and
helps you with not veering off when crossing the street. OKO doesn't
require any additional infrastructure to be installed so every traffic
light becomes accessible. OKO helps you cross the street with more ease and
confidence.
ininPresenter Bio:* Willem is one of the founders of AYES and holds a Master
degree in Computer Science. Two years ago a blind family friend Kenny told
Willem about his challenges while navigating outdoors. It's at that point
he and his co-founders decided to build a solution for him and the 300M
blind and visually impaired people.