[nfbcs] Duel Booting With Jaws

Wunder, Gary WunderG at health.missouri.edu
Mon Dec 22 13:40:35 UTC 2008

Hi Marvin. I can't begin to adequately answer most of your questions but
let me see if I can point the way.

I know people who use the MAC with speech - Greg Kearney is one such
person and likes it. He can see but his wife is blind and so he
understands many accessibility issues. I believe there may be another
person or two who frequent this list who might help.

There are frequent announcements on this list from people who use Linux,
Unix, and there are screen reading packages. One, I believe, is called
emac-speek. . There are frequent releases and I am sure that either by
looking at archives of this list or by using Google, you will find many
references.

On the NFB-WEB list, there are several people who use PHP and love it.
Again, go to nfbnet.org and search the archives and you'll find a
treasure trove.

As for your last question about having two operating systems, I believe
the way that is handled without speech is an issue of timing where you
have so long to press a key or by default you get one or the other

Gary

    Hi.
next year, possibly could be taking networking classes, or doing a
degree in networkking or systems, and will need to use linux, unix, and
is there speech screen readers with that, and also looking at taking
php, asp, my sql, word press, sisco, and windows server, and also
possibly mac.
have you used voice over, and if so, how good.
and now, with the say, you have 2 operating systems, on your box, for
jaws, now, how do you choose the dual boot option, if no speech, at boot
up, to choose between vista and say windows xp.
and does vista have its own partician utility?
or do i use some thing like partician magic.
also, can i use some thing like virtual box or vm ware, for virtual
testing.
cheers Marvin.
E-mail: startrekcafe at gmail.com
MSN: sttartrekcafe at msn.com
Skype: startrekcafe
We Are The Borg! You Will Be Assimilated! Resistance Is Futile!
Star Trek Voyager Episode 68 Scorpian Part One
E-mail: startrekcafe at gmail.com
MSN: sttartrekcafe at msn.com
Skype: startrekcafe
E-mail: startrekcafe at gmail.com