[nfbcs] Duel Booting With Jaws

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Mon Dec 22 15:56:30 UTC 2008

the real question you need to answer, Marvin, is do you really need a
linux screen reader.

If you already know JAWS, You're likely going to be better off if you
can get away with using something called an "ssh client", like putty,
to access your linux machines from windows.

If you can use just an SSH client, then you can continue to use JAWS
and access your linux machines remotely.

If the class requires that you run graphical (X windows) programs
directly on linux, then you will need to do some research and find out
if these programs are gnome based.  If they are, then you'll
need to use orca, and you'll probably want to get some practice using
it.  Thus the rub.  You'll need to find or install a modern version of
linux.  Most of them have orca built in.

Jim