[nfbcs] Media Center

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 4 06:40:33 UTC 2009

Media Center is the Microsoft brand that is part of XP Media Center versions
of Windows. It is mostly accessible and will run with any tv tuner. You will
probably need sighted assistance to initially install the software that
comes with your tv tuner. You need to install its software so that Media
Center will recognize the card. After installing the software, DO NOT RUN
IT. You do not need to do any further setup with the tv tuner's software.

Media Center is mostly accessible for tv programming. Initial setup is
totally accessible (only do this after installing the tv tuner and its
software). As far as the tv portion of Media Center, the only thing I found
that was not accessible was when reviewing the shows that I had scheduled.
It would read the shows fine but not what the date was. You could however,
go into each scheduled show and read the details and it would tell you the
channel date and time.

I am now using Windows 7 but have not had a chance to see if they fixed the
above problem. Also, I am not very proficient with screenreaders so someone
with more knowledge might be able to find a way to read the day when viewing
the list of scheduled programs.

Cindy