[nfbcs] Two JAWS issues

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Feb 5 00:25:51 UTC 2009

If JAWS is properly authorized it should not be in demo mode.  I
would contact Freedom Scientific if I were you.

Usually stuttering audio happens when sound chips on the Motherboard
are used along with computer's main memory for voice generation --
not  a separate sound card.  This used to be a big problem, but is
less so with newer laptops.  If her laptop is old, doesn't have a lot
of memory, and/or has a slow processor, there may not be much you can
do.  Update audio drivers to the most recent.  I suppose you could
also disable main sound, and get an external USB sound box and use that.

Dave