[nfbcs] Assigning a drive letter to a device

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 21:34:29 UTC 2009

hi,

don't know about 3rd party apps.
in windows xp:
hit start, admin tools, computer management.
computer management window opens.
down arrow to disk management,
tab to the list of your drives,
down arrow to the device you want to change
hit alt+a, down arrow to all tasks,
right arrow to open the sub menu, down arrow to change drive letter and
paths and hit enter.
tab to change... and hit enter.
tab to the list of letters, choose a different one, hit enter or tab then
ok.

it won't let you pick your system hard drive or optical drive letters.

Bryan Schulz
The BEST Solution
www.best-acts.com