[nfbcs] Fwd: Happy Birthday Mr. Braille! - $200 discount onour Braille products

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 6 23:53:03 UTC 2009

I can't speak for Liz, but encouraging the use of braille and saying that it
is a tool that dramatically enhances the chances of being literate doesn't
in any way diminish the value of a live reader, a tape recorder, or some
kind of digital playback device. We need all of those things to live and
survive in the world, but far too often people believe that we can do
without braille without ever considering that they want all of the audio
options we now have but would never think about sacrificing a way to
directly interact with information as they do with print.