[nfbcs] IE and Firefox on the same Computer?

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 05:58:53 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    Please excuse me for asking a seemingly stupid question. It comes from
my tendency to air on the side of caution when installing software and Web
browsers. Do Firefox and IE 6, 7, and 8 get along together on the same
computer okay or should I have only one or the other browser on each of our
machines, We're currently using IE 66, but intend to upgrade to 7 or 8 in
the near future. No we don't have three different versions of IE running on
the same computer. That is just a point of clarification. I recall using
Both Netscape and Internet Explorer on the same desktop many years ago
without any problems. We're running Windows XP Home SP2 on both machines and
use JAWS 10.

    I know of one individual who claimed to have both browsers installed on
their desktop. We could launch Firefox without any trouble, but IE was no
where to be found.

    Perhaps I'm about to answer my own question. I'm running File Zilla on
both machines. Is that program also a Mazilla product or is it from another
vendor?Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Peter Donahue

"Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver